Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

(Galaxy s9) music stops

Solved!

(Galaxy s9) music stops

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(Samsung Galaxy 9)

Operating System

(Android.)

My Question or Issue

I've had spotify for a few years and never had a problem until I bought the S9. It stops playing after a few songs, sometimes in the middle of a song. I've seen others with this issue, but after months of waiting for updates and I've reinstalled a couple times, it's getting very frustrating to have to open my phone and allow it to continue playing. 

Looking for info on this issue.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi bro,

That's what worked for me: clear cache through the app(make sure it do deleting the cache,I've noticed that it took me couple of clicks to get that done),then go to your account on the website and click the "Sign out from everywhere" button,then clear the cache through the phone settings from the app properties,chan chyour password, uninstall and reinstall.

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi bro,

That's what worked for me: clear cache through the app(make sure it do deleting the cache,I've noticed that it took me couple of clicks to get that done),then go to your account on the website and click the "Sign out from everywhere" button,then clear the cache through the phone settings from the app properties,chan chyour password, uninstall and reinstall.

Hope it helps

Actually,  I think it did work!! It hasnt stopped in the last hour since I tried out your advice. Also, my drop down menu finally has the play control buttons! Yay! Thank you

Cheers mate!

Im very satisfied i managed to help you out 🙂

As of 10/24/19 this fix works. I didn't uninstall/reinstall or change my password, but I cleared the cache both ways and signed out from everywhere. No problems since. 👍 

It's not **bleep** solved. My S9 cuts out whilst I'm training to a downloaded Playlist on bluetooth. I've tried changing every setting. Time to change  my phone? It completely ruins my workout. I'm absolutely sick of it.

Try disabling Spotify notifications from the S9 device app settings.

Hey there @Chelseads214,

Thanks for reaching out! That's not cool, let's see what we can do!  

You can check the following settings:

• Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.

• Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.

• Then you can run a clean reinstall. It's best to try it for fixing all types of issues with the app.

Let us know if the issue persists after that! If so, what's your OS and Spotify version?

Thanks!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have tried every solution that has been provided and spotify continues to randomly stop playing music on my new s9.  Never had this problem on my samsung s5 neo.   Paying $15 per month for an app that is not working !!!!

I am experiencing the same issue on my S9. I've never had this issue before.

My spotify version is:

It's Android 10, One UI 2.0 (always kept-up-to-date).

I've tried all methods, including reinstalling and clearing cache, but to no avail. This has become a real burden of late. I expect you to provide me with a valid fix or else I'll be cancelling my subscription.

Hi,

I experienced this problem on my S9 and earlier S5. My solution: In Settings
go to Apps, Spotify and do the following: Notifications - Blocked;
Permissions - No permissions allowed; Set as default - None set as default.
Hope this helps.

@SGLR - turning off notifications means disabling the widget and not being able to navigate around music, playing and pausing songs and switching tracks.

I know you shared this solution in good faith, but I'm really not sure resigning from one of the most core features (widget) just to make the most basic feature work is a good idea. I would expect it to work at all times, without having to resign from features I'm using. 

Sorry, but this is not good enough. Thanks, though!

Hi dreamlike,

I hadn’t used the widget (there is only one I believe) earlier myself, but just tried it and it worked fine.

Hi SGLR,

If you disable all notifications, the widget disappears. Thanks for trying though.

In settings search for "Apps". Scroll down to Spotify click on it and make sure allow background data usage is on and allow app while data saver on. Once that is on go back to the search in settings and search for "battery". Click on app power and make sure that Spotify is in the list that won't be put to sleep. You should see Spotify in there if it isn't add it. This will allow background music and it shouldn't shut off any more.

Suggested posts