Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How "awake" does an Android phone need to be to visible in Connect list

Solved!

How "awake" does an Android phone need to be to visible in Connect list

I just installed Spotify on an old phone to use as a playback device permanently connected to an active speaker. After som kinks, it works fairly well. Except for one thing:

When the playback phone is kept turned on (screen and all) by poking around with it, it is visible in the controlling phone's Connect device list, and music can be "pushed" to it. But if it goes to sleep, it disappears from the list, and music can not be pushed to it. Which is reasonable I guess.

But how much awake does the player phone need to be to show up in the Connect device list? And for that matter, what is the best way to keep the phone awake enough? There's not even an option in phone settings to have the screen on at all times (even though that would clearly not be the best option either).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Following a recent update to avoid unwanted playback through connect, I believe that the screen needs to be on for it to work now.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Following a recent update to avoid unwanted playback through connect, I believe that the screen needs to be on for it to work now.

That's confirmed - thank you. I've used https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.synetics.stay.alive to keep the phone alive and it's worked well for 12+ hours.

Suggested posts