Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How to get local files to play on phone

How to get local files to play on phone

Hey guys, I once had my local files on my phone and was able to play them.  Recently they became grayed out and I am unable to play them on my phone anymore.  I've unistalled and re-installed the app on my phone and also taken songs out and re-added them to my playlist along with undownloading the playlist and redownloading the playlist.  I'm really just trying to figure out how to fix this problems so I can listen to my local files again.  Both my laptop (Windows 10, Spotify Version 1.0.23.90.g42187855) and Phone (Galaxy S6 Edge, Android 5.1.1) are connected to the same wifi. If you could please help that would be awesome! Thanks!

1 Reply

I'm afraid I cannot be of help to you, because I am experiencing the same issue. No matter what I try it will only download Stream/Online songs, and not my Local files. Nothing changed after a complete and fresh re-install, nor recreating the Playlists I'm trying to sync.

The Local Files can be played on the Desktop with no issue, but on my phone they remain unavailable.

Suggested posts