Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How to put mp3s on kindle fire w/o wifi

How to put mp3s on kindle fire w/o wifi

I just got the Spotify app for my Kindle Fire (first generation Fire, if it matters). I don't have or want a premium account, all I want to do is use Spotify to load my local mp3s onto the kindle, so I can select from playlists and so on that I have in Spotify. My computer is a desktop tower, though, and it's wired to the wall, not attached to wifi, so I can't have both the computer and the kindle talking to the same wifi. I have a perfectly good USB cable; how can I transfer my mp3s with that, from within Spotify? Because if I have to do it by digging around in Windows Explorer and finding the files one by one that's gonna suck.

5 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You should be able to just follow the instructions here to sync your device, normally it will work as long as your computer and phone are connecting to the same network, even if one is via a cable (guide just says WiFi for simplicity!). 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I've followed those instructions exactly and I'm definitely not seeing my kindle in the "devices" list on desktop spotify. the page you linked says "Connect your phone to the same wifi network as your computer (make sure that your computer is connected to the wifi network wirelessly)." Are you sure that the cable doesn't matter?

I am not sure, as I don't have a device to test it on, I was simply going from other reports I have read recently on the community. 

Unfortunately, its is not working via the cable I don't have other suggestions of how to make it work, since USB syncing is not supported. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Connecting the device to the desktop via USB is not going to make it appear on the network unfortunately. 

😕 ipods can sync via USB cable, so i was hoping that I could somehow access the same functionality with my kindle. If not, I'll just have to get my desktop on wifi. oh well, thanks anyway!

Suggested posts