Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How to stop recommended for you playing

How to stop recommended for you playing

I don't want recommended for you to play or to come up on my Spotify
7 Replies

Hi there @Chloem20,

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

"Playing recommended songs for you" is caused by the Autoplay feature: when an album/playlist/podcast finishes playing, Autoplay generates a new queue with similar content so that the playback never ends. You can disable it in the app's Settings > Playback.

Cheers 🤘

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I doubt that’s what they’re asking.

When you open the Spotify app (iOS) at the moment, at least once or twice a week there’s a “recommended for you” window advert at the top of all screens, recommending something (eg a new gig or album from an artist in your playlists)

Theres no way of getting this window to disappear without engaging with each one (clicking a cross)

Turning everything off in the “Notifications” setting on Spotify has no effect.

Its irritating paying for an expensive app subscription and being forced adverts like this.

Do I turn off playback 

that didn't work at all. I turned off the setting "autoplay similar content" and it's still playing songs that aren't on my playlist. In fact, it's ONLY playing songs that aren't on my playlist, and it's super annoyng.

Even if I have auto play off it will still play songs I don’t want it to and I don’t like most of them 

it just won’t stop sometimes I try to play Justine particular song and it plays something else

Autoplay should play similar artists and genres.  Chappelle Roan and the rest of Top 40 has nothing to with Primus, 9 inch Nails or any of my listening history except one time.

That doesn't work. 

Suggested posts