Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

I DON'T NEED RECENTLY PLAYED NOR DO I CARE ABOUT IT

Solved!

I DON'T NEED RECENTLY PLAYED NOR DO I CARE ABOUT IT

Your app spends forever filling in this part of the UI that I don't want or care about.

What I want to see is my downloaded (offline) playlists. PLEASE PUT THAT ON THE FRONT SCREEN AND MAKE RECENTLY PLAYED ONLY LOAD IF I ASK FOR IT.

I want to be able to start my device, find my downloaded playlists and click play and hear them without interruption.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DO THAT.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I seem to have found the issue thanks to another poster having the same issue.

Essentially I removed my SD card then re-installed the app and downloaded all my playlists I wanted and it works now fine. I haven't yet put the SD card back but now I think Spotify is configured not to use it anyway so it will probably work even if I do (to use it to save photos and videos or whatever I take from the device).

SD cards are nice and flexible but are rather slow for heavy I/O usage and Spotify seems to be using it for that purpose.

Not sure if it's the SD card itself or my device drivers or simply the reason above: SD cards are slow for heavy I/O and should be used only really for photos and video.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Pleas calm down with the caps. Anyways, you should put this in Idea Submissions, because this is the help section.

If this solved your issue - Accept it as a solution!
Official Website | MyAnimeList | 😉 |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

No it isn't an idea it's a BUG.

I use spotify on my mobile device almost exclusively to listen to pre-downloaded playlists and I can't enjoy being able to do this without it freezing, becoming non-responsive and going stop-start on me, every single day.

Opening a playlist. Opening settings. Moving from the first song to the second on a list. You name it, Spotify can't do it without a big fuss and I often have to reboot my device by pulling out the battery, that's how bad it gets.

Update after update after update I am hopeful for the best but no, just more useless features and no bug fixes.

Item 5 on the Joel test.

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000043.html

Article may be 15 years old but is still very relevant today.

I WENT INTO SETTINGS AND PUT IT INTO OFFLINE MODE. AND IT IS STILL STOP-START. WHAT THE F88K YOU ARE IN OFFLINE MODE SO THAT MEANS YOU CAN DO JUST ONE THING... PLAY DOWNLOADED PLAYLISTS..

OH NO, YOU CAN'T. BECAUSE YOU'RE A **bleep** APP THAT WANTS TO DO ITS OWN STUFF.

The topic was about the "recently played" feature, so sorry for misinterpreting your post. Again, please calm down with the caps. So to simply put it, Offline Mode isn't working for you. As with most troubleshooting situations, I suggest you:

1) Turn your device on and off.

2) Force restart your device.

3) Uninstall and reinstall the Spotify application.

Marked as solution

I seem to have found the issue thanks to another poster having the same issue.

Essentially I removed my SD card then re-installed the app and downloaded all my playlists I wanted and it works now fine. I haven't yet put the SD card back but now I think Spotify is configured not to use it anyway so it will probably work even if I do (to use it to save photos and videos or whatever I take from the device).

SD cards are nice and flexible but are rather slow for heavy I/O usage and Spotify seems to be using it for that purpose.

Not sure if it's the SD card itself or my device drivers or simply the reason above: SD cards are slow for heavy I/O and should be used only really for photos and video.

Oh, okay. 😛

This was intended as anger about a bug where the device appeared to freeze in loading.

I might rephrase all of this as a suggestion (i.e. include your playlists that you have recently added / downloaded / modified even if you haven't listened to any of it yet, and exclude albums to which you listened to just one track).

Oh. That makes more sense now. Not sure why this is in the help section, but now I know the purpose of this topic.

Suggested posts