Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

I can't connect Spotify to Tinder

Solved!

I can't connect Spotify to Tinder

Sorry, old phone (but updated apps) so can't take screenshots. When trying to connect Tinder to Spotify it prompts me to sign up for Spotify. I select already on Spotify and Continue With Google. It then takes me to account.spotify.com and asks me to select Account Overview or Web Player. Neither one brings up a "connect to Tinder prompt of any kind nor does it launch the app on my phone. What am I doing wrong?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ToniLaufeysonKhan,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, would you mind trying to log in with the email address registered in your account and your password instead of the Google option? Give it a try and let us know if you see any difference.

If perhaps you haven't set a password for your Spotify account or you don't remember it, you can reset it using your account's email address here. If you aren’t sure what email is linked to your account, you can check it in your account page here.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know the exact make/model and OS of your device along with the exact Spotify version you have running?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @ToniLaufeysonKhan,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, would you mind trying to log in with the email address registered in your account and your password instead of the Google option? Give it a try and let us know if you see any difference.

If perhaps you haven't set a password for your Spotify account or you don't remember it, you can reset it using your account's email address here. If you aren’t sure what email is linked to your account, you can check it in your account page here.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know the exact make/model and OS of your device along with the exact Spotify version you have running?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Signing in with my email worked!  I had to log out of the app and then sign in with my email, and then sign in with my email again on Tinder, and the combo of the two activated the Connect prompt. For your reference in case others report a similar problem, the phone is a Samsung Galaxy A20 running version 8.7.76.359 (which is what it automatically downloaded off the Google Play store 3 days ago and no updates have come through).  Thank you for your time!

Hey, I'm currently having the same issue and have tried logging in with the email address registered to my account as well as the Google login option and am entering my spotify password correctly  Currently running the newest version of Spotify (8.8.80.599) and my phone is a Huawei P20. Looking forward to a response, thank you! 

Hey @saoirsho1,

Thanks for joining the thread!

Can you confirm you've gone over the steps mentioned by @ToniLaufeysonKhan in their exact order?

• Log out of your Spotify and Tinder apps
  • Log back in with your email to Spotify

In case this doesn't work for you, could you let us know what goes wrong and where things fail to work?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

VasilModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Vasil, 

I've tried all of the above and still can't link my accounts. Uninstalled, reinstalled, logged out and back in with email. When linking Spotify through the tinder account, I log into Spotify with my email, I'm taken to "verify you're human" page, click the text box and then just receive an error. 

Any ideas? 

Hey @AronLeather

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community! 

Could you send us a screenshot of the error message you're getting? We'll take a closer look. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey, I'm having the same issue here, is there anyway that I might get some help?

Hey @NotRazz,

Thanks for reaching out.

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the thread? If yes, please send a screenshot of how things look on your end as requested by @Eni above.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

I've tried all the trouble shooting steps in this thread and getting the same error when trying to connect Spotify to Tinder

Hey @Kys55,

Welcome to the thread!
Could you send us a screenshot of the error you're getting? We'll gladly take a closer look 🙂
As @Eni has mentioned above, you can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. 
Just make sure to not send any private info.

Many thanks! We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙌🏼

VasilModerator

Hello, I've tried everything mentioned above.

@AronLeather wrote:
I've tried all of the above and still can't link my accounts. Uninstalled, reinstalled, logged out and back in with email. When linking Spotify through the tinder account, I log into Spotify with my email, I'm taken to "verify you're human" page, click the text box and then just receive an error. 

Please find attached the requested screenshot. And here are some additional details. In my localized version of the page it says in russian(idk why, I guess based on the region)
"ERROR
Something went wrong. Try again or read the help."

Also seems like the address of that error page doesn't contain any personal information, so I feel safe to share it with you too. Here it is " https://accounts.spotify.com/ru/login/challenge-completed?sessionId=99ca5d04-15aa-42fa-8e3d-9e07c4fd... "

Btw, when I initially try to connect the account it seems like Tinder doesn't recognize that I have the Spotify app installed and prompts 2 options: 1. go to app store(android) 2. already on spotify? .
I tried all the steps with the second option because the first button doesn't work at all, instead of openning the app store it opens a browser trying to open that button's link and shows a white blank page. I guess this part should be addressed to the Tinder support 😄 but here you go, I tried to provide all the details I've noticed. Please help :')

06ac578c-92f5-44cd-af70-f237c5946775.jpg

Hey @kwxie

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, we'd suggest double-checking the apps connected to your Spotify account to see if there is any permission for Tinder. To do it, go to your account page> Manage apps. If you see Tinder there, select Remove Access.

Once you've checked the above, try connecting both your accounts to a different device. You can also try and change the language of your account page by changing the country code:

At the position of us, you can write the code of your country/region. You can also go to the bottom of the page:

At the bottom-right, you can see an icon of the world and the country. If you select it, you can set a different country/region for your account page. 

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts