Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

I cant download podcasts

Solved!

I cant download podcasts

As of September 7th 2024 I cannot download podcasts

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Motorola Moto G32

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

I cannot download podcasts. I can still download songs but not podcasts and some podcasts wont play either. I have tried deleting all downloaded data from all devices, cache, uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify, as well as factory reseting my whole device (I do not have an SD card). It is not affecting my windows desktop app, just my phone app.

Edit: I'm also having trouble playing the same podcasts that wont download. It's like it's frozen.

Here are the uri of the podcasts it's affecting that I know of at the moment and that I listen to a lot

https://open.spotify.com/show/6g7H7H1tJHMB8XJ5Zn4jtX?si=55ef9cec35524b69
https://open.spotify.com/sho...

https://open.spotify.com/show/4jmtWrpDmTRqapfYLGhDIe?si=019b7eda5efd4eae

The spotify app version is 8.9.70.556

I don't have a vpn or adblocker on my phone as far as I'm aware and other podcasts are able to play ads.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I fixed it! I reset the router and and modem and it solved it fully. I can listen and download the podcasts that weren't working earlier. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there @DisaB,

Thanks for reaching out!

I tested this out with the podcasts you sent, but wasn't able to reproduce. Does this happen when trying to download them via Wifi? Could you test this out with a different WiFi network if available? It's also worth trying to download them with cellular data to see if the same thing happens - just make sure the option is enabled in the app's settings.

Can you also check if the option to download the episodes with audio only is toggled on in the settings? You can find it under Data Saver and Offline Mode. If it isn't, try toggling it on and downloading the podcasts again to see if that makes a difference.

Also, it'd be great if you can share some more details about what happens when you try to download an episode - does the download progress wheel just keep spinning or nothing changes?

Keep us posted.

DessiModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for your response.

I tested using mobile network and it worked. It's still not working on my wifi network but I'll have to sort that on my end and I can download and listen to them them via mobile network for the time being.

To answer your question, it would act like it started downloading with the little circle around the stop button but never download. It would also act like it was trying to load the podcast when trying to play it otherwise. But it might just be a wifi issue so no worries if there's nothing on your end to fix.

Thank you, I wouldn't have thought to check that. 

Marked as solution

I fixed it! I reset the router and and modem and it solved it fully. I can listen and download the podcasts that weren't working earlier. 

Hey @DisaB,

Thanks for the update!

Nicely done, glad you managed to solve this and are now able to enjoy your favorite podcasts! ✌️

The Community is always here if you ever need help with anything. 🎶

DessiModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts