Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Improving Radio Station.

Solved!

Improving Radio Station.

How the heck can I manually add artists or tracks to a Radio station? I really want to customize a radio station. I have an HTC One Max and use the spotify app for it, and I also use Windows Client. I have windows 7. Any help would be appreciated. I cant find crap on this. Onlything i get are a bunch of people crying about deleting Radio stations.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there and welcome to the community! Unfortunately, you can't add artists or tracks to a particular station, but you can create a station based off of your likes.

What I would recommend is adding your favorite songs or artists to a playlist.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there and welcome to the community! Unfortunately, you can't add artists or tracks to a particular station, but you can create a station based off of your likes.

What I would recommend is adding your favorite songs or artists to a playlist.

As @kbrooksc mentioned you can't customize a single artist based station, but if you'll just make a playlist with several songs/artists, you can easily start a playlist based radio. That's actually one of my favorite features on Spotify because it helps me build better playlists. I'm always adding to and removing from those sort of lists as I go.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Sorry guys! I totally thought I mentioned that second part. Thanks for bringing it up for us Dino!

Yeah, no problem. I thought that's what you were getting at but thought it could be a little more clear. All good.

dinomightSpotify Star

Okay, So your saying I need to make a playlist of songs, and then start a radio station based on it? I guess that's a round about way. I just thought it'd be set to where, once i started a radio station ( like hitting "open radio" from a song i was listening to" and then add artists or songs to). But hey that works. And also... is there a way to find Movie Soundtracks without having to type in the name of the movie? Im really only finding movie scores when I do type in the movie name (the instrumental background music from the composers like orchastras and whatnot). Much thanks.

No, sorry, stations aren't editable directly aside from the thumbs up/down system. You can find a lot of movie soundtracks by typing genre:soundtracks in the Spotify search. Here's a list of other genres...just replace "soundtracks" with whichever one you're looking for. Granted, it's not the most direct approach to finding styles of music. You can also try the browse section...Movies is a subgenre of Pop-Culture, but that's really playlist based, not album based.

dinomightSpotify Star

I had a radio station based on an album that I produced, anyway, the radio played alot of cool, diverse, obscure stuff and I enjoyed discovering a lot of new related music and other artists that I am similar too.  However, I voted up a couple punk songs, now that is all I hear when I play that radio station. It no longer plays all the interesting stuff I was discovering before. How do I refresh my likes and votes so the radio station playes "unimproved" ? furthermore, I cant even delete it and start a fresh station with the same Artist?

Suggested posts