Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Inconsistent audio quality with EQ

Inconsistent audio quality with EQ

Plan

Premium

Country

Bulgaria

Device

Xiaomi Mi 8 SE

Operating System

Android 8.1

My Question or Issue

I'm using Spotify with BT headphones, the same I've used with my previous device, Xiaomi mi5s. I prefer to always keep Spotify built-in EQ on, because otherways the sound is really flat and lifeless. I had no problem with the previous device, but it seems there is some sort of quality problem with this.

It sounds as if the sound drops  and then goes up again as a track is playing as if it's normalized, but very very rough.

It is very irritating! It didn't happen with the previous device. Also, with the EQ off, the sound doesn't drop the same way. What can be the problem?

2 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. You want to try to disable Audio Normalisation in Playback section inside Settings to see if that helps 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hey,

I tried your suggestions. Cleared app data and clean installed it. Rebooted the device. It does not help.

However, I did try to install a 3-d party EQ application (Bass Booster), and switched the built-in off, and it works much better. So I guess, the problem is with the built-in EQ of Spotify.

Here's the device data:

Android: 8.1 with Android Patch level 01.07.2018

MIUI: 9.5.11.0

Spotify version: 8.4.68.911

Suggested posts