Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Is there a fix for the Samsung SoundAlive bug?

Is there a fix for the Samsung SoundAlive bug?

If you're not familiar with the problem, it's that the volume fluctuates when listening to Spotify. I've seen a few posts on this and one person determined that it was SoundAlive causing the issue, which it is. Disabling this keeps the volume at a constant level but you lose SoundAlive's audio processing, which in my opinion is pretty good, and therefore disappointing to lose.

Has there been a fix for this yet? It keeps happening on mine which has put me off going premium. Someone said it was Samsung's issue but I fail to see that it is, considering it only happens with Spotify.

1 Reply

In my case I have an S3 LTE (i9305, 16GB Rom, 2GB Ram, Stock Vodafone PT Android 4.4.4.) and I feel an unbalanced sound coming out of the headphones and also some kind of sound distortion (particularly on highs/trebble) when streamming via bluetooth to my car (Audi MMI). This only happens with Spotify and another Podcast application I have (Podcast Republic).

After a quicksearch I found soundalive settings but only inside the stock Samsung music app. I don't know if this affects the general sounds in the system (which would include spotify). However, inside the music app there is not an option to turn the soundalive off, only to change the effect type...

Suggested posts