Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Issues with Android UI context menu touch area

Issues with Android UI context menu touch area

Hi, 

I've been using Spotify on a number of different sized android devices for about 3 months, and there is a very specific UI niggle that I've experienced on every device I've used it on (so far, 4.0", 4.7", 8.9" and 10.1" screen devices).

The context menu on the right of menu list items does not extend to the top, bottom and right edges of the list item boundary - leaving an area large enough that I frequently (as in, the first couple of times I try to click the menu because I forget about the gap) find myself trying to click the context menu button and mistakenly tapping the list item instead (with unintended consequences).

My proposal is to adjust the area of the context button to extend all the way to the top, bottom and right of the list item area (leaving the left edge as it currently is). 

In the attached image, the example with the red X highlights the way it is currently laid out with the purple surrounding the green context menu area causing the problems. Noone would intentionally try and click in this surrounding area to activate the list item, they would _always_ be attempting to click the context menu.

The example with the green tick shows how I believe the layout should be. 

It's only a small issue (and I believe easy to solve), but it would make a huge improvement to the usability of the app. 

Thanks for your consideration

spotify.png

8 Replies

bump - any movement on this?

...does anyone even look at these suggestions?

Have you checked to see if that Idea already exists in the Ideas section? If it does then add your Kudos to show your support. If not, create a new idea and if it gets enough Kudos it may well happen!

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi Daniel, 

I did - I initially contemplated putting it in the ideas section, but decided it was actually a usability "bug" moreso than a feature request.

However, I will drop it in there too - thanks  

Thanks. I've just added some kudos myself

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

This is a good idea.

Heartily support this

This severly limits the ability to repeat the same action multiple times and achieve the same result. It's so annoying for making a queue of songs that I'm exploring my options. It's at that level of frustration.

The touch target increasing to the size referenced here would be perfect.

Suggested posts