Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

LastFm issue with Samsung

LastFm issue with Samsung

Hi everybody, sometimes when I scrobble a song through my Spotify app on my phone all songs are scrobbled ( although it takes them a few hours to appear on my profile as scrobbled), but sometimes an entire album I had planned on listening is not scrobbled, I wonder why, I mean, I don't use any Internet connection and even then songs happen to be scrobbled like I have said before, so I'd like an explanation why this happens

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

btw my phone is a Samsung S2, thanks

5 Replies

The mobile app only scrobbles to last.fm if you have an active internet connection, as far as I know. If you don't have a mobile or internet connection, tracks you listen to aren't cached anywhere and will simply not be scrobbled.

But as I say, sometimes tracks I'm scrobbling for example when I'm out and I don't have an Internet connection on just appear scrobbled on my LastFm profile later ( they appear on my profile after a few hours though). I just don't get it, it bugs me a lot cause I hope some tracks I truly like get scrobbled but they don't, and when I pay no mind to that, they're scrobbled  

What do you mean when you say you have no internet connection? Do you not have 3G/4G data turned on?

No, I don't have a wifi connection nor any mobile connection, it randomly happens

uncertain if i'm experiencing the same issue, but this seems most relevant thread here. 

I do not see any evidence of effective Scrobbling to Last.FM from my use of the Spotify app for my Samsung / Android smartphone i am connecting/ using the Spotify Mobile App (android), via "Unlimited Data, 4G LTE" connection. My Spotify account, however, is sending scrobbled data to Last.FM via the Spotify Web Player, "play.spotify.com"

I like that Spotify and Last.FM play well together. Except, when they do not play-well-together!

It seems that only some of the songs i've played through play.spotify.com (the Spotify Web Player) are scrobbled (Audioscrobbler / Audioscrobbling ) such that my Last.FM profile shows those songs as having been played (that is, I've listened to a song, via Spotify, and it's reflected on my profile at Last.fM). 

Suggested posts