Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Local Files on Android Device

Local Files on Android Device

Plan

Premium

My Question or Issues.

I have local Files on my desktop which I want to play on my mobile... When I tried to look up how to achieve that all I got was to enable the "local audio files" settings on my phone... However I cant find those settings even after searching thoroughly.

I have the latest version on my mobile and I'm also connected to the same WiFi as my desktop. Am I doing something wrong??

5 Replies

Hey @kq9b7zirqagrtnj,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

The Enable local files option is only present on iPhones, that's why you can't find it.

When you upload local files on your PC add them to a playlist. Make sure your PC and phone have the Spotify app open, and are connected to the same WiFi.

After the files are loaded on your computer and added to a playlist you should see the playlist on your phone too. Just click the Download button to save the songs on your phone as well.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Sorry for hijacking this post, but how come it made available only to iPhone, since it was available as far as I can remember, it is one of the main reason why I upgrade to Premium in the first place, please bring it back, thanks.

Hi there @Genji-Prime,

Thank you for your post and feedback in this thread.

Just to confirm, do you have troubles with syncing your local files to your phone?

If you think this feature will appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Yes, ever since the recent update on Android, I lost the ability to sync local music from the desktop app, which is working fine for as long as I can remember.

Hey @Genji-Prime,

Thanks for posting.

To avoid any confusion - the option to enable the "local audio files" is present only on iOS devices, however Android phones can still import local audio files. if you're having any issues with that, we recommend that you give the steps here a go and perform a clean reinstall of the app on both your pc and smartphone.  They are more thorough than a regular reinstall and make sure that no corrupted files remain that might be the reason for such behavior.

You should also remove all playlists with imported files and start the whole process from scratch using the instructions in this guide. It's a good idea this time do it over another internet connection, e.g. a mobile hotspot, if that's an option.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts