Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Local Music can't be played on Spotify connect

Solved!

Local Music can't be played on Spotify connect

Hello,

I connected a few of my local songs to my Spotify Premium and I use a speaker by Heos with Spotify connect. It plays every song without trouble but the local ones I just added. Spotify tells me than "this song can't be played as long as there is another connection to an advice." is there a way to fix this? BTW on my mobile phone I can play them all.

Thank you 🙂 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, there is a similar post below with a few suggestions from a similar issue. 

There is a suggestion that only local files that Spotify has in their catalog are able to be played - however, i have been unable to confirm this. 

Perhaps follow the following thread also and hopefully we can find a solution. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Local-Music-files-can-t-be-played-...

MrDavo |

If this post has solved your issue - Please click on 'ACCEPT AS SOLUTION'.
If you like my post - Please add kudos to it.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Indeed, local files cannot be played using connect as the hardware connect device streams direct from Spotify's servers. This is briefly mentioned here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, there is a similar post below with a few suggestions from a similar issue. 

There is a suggestion that only local files that Spotify has in their catalog are able to be played - however, i have been unable to confirm this. 

Perhaps follow the following thread also and hopefully we can find a solution. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Local-Music-files-can-t-be-played-...

MrDavo |

If this post has solved your issue - Please click on 'ACCEPT AS SOLUTION'.
If you like my post - Please add kudos to it.
Marked as solution

Indeed, local files cannot be played using connect as the hardware connect device streams direct from Spotify's servers. This is briefly mentioned here.

Suggested posts