Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Local files. WMA

Local files. WMA

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

(Samsung a41 mobile and win 10 laptop)

Operating System

(Android, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Hi 

I have a number of local files on my desktop that play fine on the desktop app, both .wma and .mp3 format. 
When I add these to a playlist and download it on my mobile only the .mp3 files are downloaded. 

How do I get this resolved as I do not want to go through the process of converting 100s of.wma file to .mp3.

3 Replies

Hey @Daviek,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

I get what you're saying but I'm not sure why is this occurring. I can suggest you to try and transfer 1-2 of those .wma files to the mobile device storage itself and then try to discover and play them from the device directly and not transferring over a downloaded playlist.  See if this works and then you can move all the .wma files you wish to your device directly and then play them in your Spotify app.

If the above doesn't help, then maybe you can also check this thread here, where other users are also posting on a similar topic. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi
Thanks for responding
Summary of what I've tried so far
.WMA file on laptop play fine through the desktop app
.WMA file will not sync to my android mobile
.WMA manually copied from the laptop to my android mobile play in Spotify but it sounds like they are at the wrong speed or jumping.
.WMA manually copied from the laptop to my android mobile play in VLC media player fine.

Hi there @Daviek

Thanks for getting back to us. 

In this case, you can try performing a clean reinstall of the app on your devices to see if that helps. Keep in mind that after doing so, you'll need to re-download your tunes. However, if syncing from PC to phone doesn't download those files, and playing directly from the phone has issues, then the best solution is converting the files to mp3. 

Hope this helps. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts