Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Lock screen widget and controls not working on Huawei Ascend Mate 7

Solved!

Lock screen widget and controls not working on Huawei Ascend Mate 7

After the device has been locked the widget does not skip forward/backwards. Also pressing "Pause" stops the playback and it is no longer possible to start it again without unlocking the device.

Any ideas how to get this solved?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there, I had the same problem.

When pressing next, the default music app would get focus and play; If I deleted every song from the default music app the lock screen buttons did nothing.

Solution that worked for me: 

Post by  mazzeger 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/ascend-p7/help/miui-3-0-set-spotify-default-player-t3008836

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

27 Replies

Can you try a clean install... also there are some other tips to try in the troubleshooting guide:

[GUIDE] How to fix common issues for Spotify on Android

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi,

Tried reinstall with no success. Read your guide, but that did not fix the issue either... Any more ideas?

Regards

It may just be android being aggressive on your device. Can you make sure you haven't got loads of other apps open.

Android Troubleshooting:

Restartet the phone and checked again (no other open apps) with no luck.... Any more ideas?

Do you have a headset control app installed? Maybe another media widget to control music?

Also; do you have the Google Search widget on your home screen? If so, try removing it.

Android Troubleshooting:

No, onsly installed Spotify. The stock mediaplayer is there by default, but I do not use that. Switching songs works from BT (for instance the car).

Can i check. If you lock the device and immediately try the widget does it work? Is it only when the screen has gone off that the hook gets lost?

Android Troubleshooting:

I did check, it did not matter. Same problem either way... Got it confirmed from another that they are experiencing the same problem on the same phone...

I also have the same problem with my phone, found a fix yet?

Did anyone solve it? I've tried to delete google widgets and put the spotify one but it stil does not work. 

When I lock the screen it does not go forw or rew or pause. 

Can anyone help me please??!!

Same problem on my Mate 7! I just want to play the next song and it automatically play the device music, not the spotify list I was listening to. Btw, do you have the same problem with the low volume ?

Marked as solution

Hi there, I had the same problem.

When pressing next, the default music app would get focus and play; If I deleted every song from the default music app the lock screen buttons did nothing.

Solution that worked for me: 

Post by  mazzeger 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/ascend-p7/help/miui-3-0-set-spotify-default-player-t3008836

Hope it helps.

Huawei p7 here, this does't work for me. I can't find a fix anywhere. Does anybody know how to get my original player back working? Except system restore? Thanks in advance

It`s not working on mi Huawei Ascend G7, someone have other solution for this?...

I've a G7.....I've tried last night following some instructions founded on the web but it's still not working. A guy said to set Spotify as a default music player from General Settings, then Applications...but i'm not able to do it because system does not change this kind of setting...

(i hope you can understand my english....)

if you will find a solutions please let me know!!!

Hi, I found a solution without the need to root your device in another forum. Since it's in German, I'll quickly translate the instructions:

In ES File Explorer go to /device/system/app

In that folder, look for the file "HwMediaCenter.apk" and touch to install it

If you get a warning not to install apps from unknown sources accept to install this app and proceed

The installation will start now and finish with an error message, which is to be expected

Restart your phone

The annoying default music player should have disappeared. The reason being that due to the unsuccessful installation attempt it got removed/deactivated.
Works for me in my Huawei G7

By the way i speak spanish, si es que no entiendes las solución

Hi, thanks for your post... i can't find hwmediacenter...
Please help me...

Hola, podrías ayudarme?

No encuentro el archivo que mencionas en tu solución

Muchas gracias por la ayuda

Suggested posts