Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Lock screen widget shows previous (outdated) track.

Lock screen widget shows previous (outdated) track.

The background album cover image is updated though. Pressing power twice (display off then on) triggers an update and the display is correct again.

6 Replies

What device, version of Spotify and android are you using?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Android version is 4.4.2. Unfortunately I cannot be sure of the Spotify version since i have auto-updating on (on Wi-Fi). I now have 1.0.1.984, but haven't been able to reproduce it yet. I dont think I ever saw it happen when manually changing tracks. I'll get back if it i happens again with proper version number, otherwise you may have fixed it(?). Is there a way to search bug fixes before reporting a new bug via this message board? 

There it happened again! Upon pressing next, the next track started playing, with the track title flashing (probably due to the scrolling text reset), but updating to the same text it already had (erroneously). Double-pressing power fixed it.

PS. Both tracks were on the same album so I cannot verify the cover image updating properly this time.

The problem is still present in version 1.1.0.113. Device is a Nexus 5.

I have similar issue - for me the widget shows current track name, but the cover is updated. I figured out more details about it - it happens in offline mode - some of my downloaded tracks doesn't have a cover for some reason - so the widget has nothing to display, so it keeps there the old cover (from previous song which has cover). If you go online, the missing cover is updated within few seconds and everything looks good then. I don't understand why some of my songs doesn't have the cover available offline whereas others have it.

Spotify ver. 1.3.0.423 running on Motorola MotoG 4G with 4.4.3 KitKat.

Screenshot_2014-08-16-16-08-53.png

I have the same problem, the wallpaper take the cover of the first song that I played after the opening of the Spotify app, but then with all the next songs the wallpaper cover doesn't change. However widget works fine, the only problem is the cover, and it's annoing.

I have the version 3.0.0.1124 Spotify Music App, on a OnePlus One with Android 5.0.2 phone.

Screenshot_2015-06-20-11-51-48.png

Suggested posts