Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Lyrics doesn't show up.

Lyrics doesn't show up.

Plan

Premium

Country

Malaysia

Device

(Samsung A70)

Operating System

(Android 11)

My Question or Issue

Hi, the lyrics doesn't show up in my mobile phone. I've sync my Spotify through all my others devices (Laptop and TV). The lyrics does show up in my laptop (Spotify download using Microsoft store). How come my mobile phone doesn't show the lyrics below the playing music? I've tried so many ways to solve this issue by reboot my device, reinstall Spotify, re-log my Spotify account at last it does the same result, no lyrics available. I hope someone could fix my problem, Thank you.

Screenshot_20210422-124432_Spotify.jpg
5 Replies

Hi there @niqolo,

Thank you for your post and for letting us know what troubleshooting steps you've taken so far.

Can you create a new account to see if the issue persist?

If it does, can you let us know which version of the app you have?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy,

I have the same problem as @niqolo.

I am using Samsung a50s, and the operating system is Android 11. The version of my mobile Spotify is 8.6.26.897.

The lyrics don't show up on my mobile phone when I sign in with my Google account but the lyrics show up on my laptop. However, the lyrics show up on the mobile phone when I sign in with my Facebook account. I would like to know how to make the lyrics available when I sign in to the mobile Spotify with my Google account. I think it is too hard for me to transfer all the songs to the new account, so I hope there would be a solution to deal with this issue. 

Many thanks!

Hey @kiu,

Thanks for the post.

The Lyrics feature on mobile is in test phase and it's not rolled out to all users globally yet. This is why you might see it enabled on a friend's account but not on yours. 

Currently the only thing you can do if you want Lyrics is to create a new account and check whether it's available there. If that's so, you can transfer you music library following the instructions from this Guide. This way nothing will be lost.

Hope this info is helpful.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I know this post has been inactive for a while, but I'm having the same issue almost a year later. The lyrics are working great on my laptop, but I still don't have them on mobile (Samsung galaxy s20 with spotify version 8.7.18.1138). I'm in the US and have premium. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times and checked for updates at least weekly, and still nothing.

It even has the lyrics icon showing for most songs in my liked songs playlist (no other playlists, just liked songs), but when I actually play the songs the lyrics are still not there.

I'd prefer not to have to make a new account, so if that's the only solution then I'll probably just stick with my current account without mobile lyrics. But if there's any way I could get lyrics without making a new account, that would be great.

Screenshot_20220403-210304_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20220403-210713_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20220403-210322_Spotify.jpg

Hi @asterr,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out!

We've gone ahead and let the right teams know about this, who'll look into it. The Lyrics feature should be available on your mobile phone in about 5 to 7 days.

The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts