Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Media player with Spotify is on notification screen without playing

Media player with Spotify is on notification screen without playing

Hi there! I've got this problem with my OnePlus Nord 2, where whenever I swipe from the top, to check the notifications and statuses, I sometimes see a mention of the mediaplayer playing Spotify. Only problem is: I don't play Spotify. It's playing on my son's phone. It even says so: playing on iPhone. I can navigate to the previous or next song, or pause the current one. I can't swipe it away, I can't stop it. My son uses our Spotify account, which is ok. I just don't want to see what he's listening to, or interfere with his playlist. I've already checked with the Spotify settings, and it says: show local devices only. My son is on the other side of the country, so that's hardly a local devi
3 Replies

Hi there! I've got this problem with my OnePlus Nord 2, where whenever I swipe from the top, to check the notifications and statuses, I sometimes see a mention of the mediaplayer playing Spotify. Only problem is: I don't play Spotify. It's playing on my son's phone. It even says so: playing on iPhone. I can navigate to the previous or next song, or pause the current one. I can't swipe it away, I can't stop it. My son uses our Spotify account, which is ok. I just don't want to see what he's listening to, or interfere with his playlist. I've already checked with the Spotify settings, and it says: show local devices only. My son is on the other side of the country, so that's hardly a local device. Whenever I turn my phone off and back on again, it's gone for some time mostly. It's driving me crazy by now. The problem has occurred for several months now. I can't seem to find a solution online, nor can I go to the OnePlus community for some reason. Can't log in and can't seem to create an account.
Please help?

1000027281.jpg

1000027284.jpg

Screenshot_2024-02-26-17-04-00-47_b783bf344239542886fee7b48fa4b892.jpg
Screenshot_2024-02-26-18-21-24-88_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg

Hi @Eelcootje,

Thanks for the screenshots!

Looks like the Spotify app is running in the background, which is why it shows up in the notifications menu, and since your son is playing content from this account (which you're also logged in to), it syncs over to your phone as well. More info on this here.

What would help in this case would be to prevent Spotify from running in the background after you've stopped using it. You can do this by going to Settings > Apps > Spotify > Force stop. Make sure also that it's excluded from Autostart - its location may be different depending on your phone's manufacturer, but it's usually found under your battery settings.

Something else that you can try turning on is Hide player when the media session has ended, which should remove the media player in your notifications if you no media app is running, but note that this setting is also dependent on your phone's UI / Android version.

Hope this clears things up. The Community is always here if there's anything else we can help out with.

Cheers 🙂

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there! Thanks for the quick response. I've tried the force stop of Spotify, but alas, it will not keep being stopped. After a few minutes (maybe when my son uses his iPhone to switch songs or something like that) it pops up again. 

Can't seem to find it on Auto start, and I definitely can't find the Hide Player when media is stopped setting.

So, unfortunately it looks like I've still got a problem. Found a link on a Samsung forum though, from 3 years ago, which describes exactly the same issue. Some were able to repair it but that solution was VERY Samsung specific. Looks like the problem isn't so much Spotify as it is Media Player. Although the problem seems to be the synching between my phone and my son's iPhone. Hmmm...🤔

Suggested posts