Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Moving SD Card to new Brand New Phone

Moving SD Card to new Brand New Phone

Hello Community,

I have made several playlists available offline via downloading to my SD card on my old phone.  I have moved my SD card to my new phone.  Now that I have a new phone, I noticed I have to re-download all of my playlists to my SD card again.  Do I need to clear the cache in my spotify to ensure that I do not have duplicate files on my SD card?  

Thanks!

4 Replies

Clearing the cache won't do much but you may want to delete the folder /android/data/com.spotify.music on your SD card to free up the wasted space and avoid confusing spotify. Spotify music can't be transferred between devices for copyright reasons.

Understood!  To clarify I am saving music on the SD card not the device and I do not plan on having music on multiple devices.  The SD card is still good and I have moved it to my new phone, but I noticed that although there is a com.spotify folder on the SD card, the files are not available offline per se.

My main concern is not having duplicate files on the same SD card.  If spotify is going to create a second folder on my phone card for my downloads via my new device, I want to make sure I delete the old files before I download my playlists again.

TLDR: Using the same SD card for offline music on new phone.  Spotify does not recognize music from old device.  Dont want duplicate files or 'wasted space' on SD card.  Want to completely clear old spotify data before re-downloading playlists to new device.  

delete the folder /android/data/com.spotify.music on your SD card

Well... You can completely move your whole playlist but you need to be android + root user + have an app called titanium.

If you have all those - just make a backup copy of your app + (downloaded playlist) + cache.

Restore on your new device.

It's also possible using adb in windows terminal I just don't know where and what files are involved but you'd still need to install it as a old install and not new otherwise the install key is different > encrypted to another key > won't work.

I guess for iPhone the same would be the same concept just unsure if the process.

Good luck

Suggested posts