Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Moving downloads and Playlists to a new SD card

Moving downloads and Playlists to a new SD card

Plan

Premium

Country

South Africa

Device

Samsung Note 10 +

Operating System 

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Good day to all of you.

Just wanted to pick some brains with regards to this please.

I have now eventually run out of space on my current SD card and need to install a larger card. As my current spotify data is stored to my SD card, would I simply be able to copy the storage folder to the new card without having to have to download all my tracks again? If not, would I at the very least be able to see my Playlists, even if I have to download all the tracks again?

Many thanks in advance and kind regards,

Marten.

2 Replies

Hey, welcome to the community, and thanks for your question! As far as I'm aware, it wouldn't work to just copy Spotify's data folder to a new SD card, so you'll likely need to start fresh with your downloads once you have your new card installed. That said, you have nothing to worry about when it comes to your playlists! They'll still be there, and you should be able to simply re-download the ones you want without a problem.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Many thanks dinomight. As I was expecting with regards to having to download everything again. Actually really unacceptable on the part of Spotify and essentially encourages the "illegal" conversion of tracks to other formats. I have in excess of 50gb of data to download all over again which is absolutely ridiculous. Maybe time to consider a different platform then.
Thank you once again for your assistance and response. Much appreciated.

Suggested posts