Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Moving local files

Solved!

Moving local files

Is it possible to move already downloaded local files directly from your phone to Spotify? For example if I download a mixtape on Datpiff is there a way to upload it to Spotify, like on desktop how there is the "local files" option?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Unfortunately, it's not possible to do this directly from the phone. You would need to save the local files to a playlist on your desktop and then transfer them to your phone via WiFi using these instructions.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey there @GionelIbarra

You can import your local files from your computer to your Spotify by following these steps.

1. Head to Preferences:
    Mac: Click Spotify > Preferences. 
    Windows:
    Click Edit > Preferences.
  2. Scroll down to Local Files.
  3. Click ADD A SOURCE to point Spotify to other music files on your computer.
  4. Switch off sources you no longer want Spotify to check for local music files.

Spotify supports .mp3, .mp4, and .m4p files. It doesn’t support .mp4 files that contain video. 

If QuickTime is installed on your computer then .m4a files are also supported. We’ll do our best to match any unsupported local files with songs from the Spotify catalog.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Unfortunately, it's not possible to do this directly from the phone. You would need to save the local files to a playlist on your desktop and then transfer them to your phone via WiFi using these instructions.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hey there @GionelIbarra

You can import your local files from your computer to your Spotify by following these steps.

1. Head to Preferences:
    Mac: Click Spotify > Preferences. 
    Windows:
    Click Edit > Preferences.
  2. Scroll down to Local Files.
  3. Click ADD A SOURCE to point Spotify to other music files on your computer.
  4. Switch off sources you no longer want Spotify to check for local music files.

Spotify supports .mp3, .mp4, and .m4p files. It doesn’t support .mp4 files that contain video. 

If QuickTime is installed on your computer then .m4a files are also supported. We’ll do our best to match any unsupported local files with songs from the Spotify catalog.

Ok thanks !

Thank you!

Suggested posts