Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Stop playing after locking the screen

When i lock the screen after the song is finished, it does not change to the next one. I have to unlock it and then it will start working again. I tried to search the web and the community, i found that there are other people with the same issue, but...

• Casual Listener
  • When i lock the screen after the song is finished, it does not change to the next one. I have to unlock it and then it will start working again. I tried to search the web and the community, i found t...
  • poppe-1975
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Logging in with facebook in a different country

I couldn't log in with my FB account into the app after returning ti the free version (bank account changes etc. Unfinished). A notification saying I'm in a different country appeared. I'm from SK, I lived in Spain for half a year, used the app perfe...

• I couldn't log in with my FB account into the app after returning ti the free version (bank account changes etc. Unfinished). A notification saying I'm in a different country appeared. I'm from SK, I...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify UI becomes unusable regularly on Android

Slightly tricky one to describe, but this is 100% reproducable. Have the same problem on Nexus 5 and 5x running latest Android. Been happening for months so rolled through a few versions of Spotify. Hadn't reported it yet as I presumed it'd just get ...

• Slightly tricky one to describe, but this is 100% reproducable. Have the same problem on Nexus 5 and 5x running latest Android. Been happening for months so rolled through a few versions of Spot...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Someone is using my account!

Hi, I can't seem to delete a device from my account. I have deleted all off-line devices, used the sign out everywhere button and changed my password multiple times but nothing works. When I sign back in they are still there. It's a ps3 account and I...

• Hi, I can't seem to delete a device from my account. I have deleted all off-line devices, used the sign out everywhere button and changed my password multiple times but nothing works. When I sign bac...
  • dang2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps stalling out on me.

What's up? So I've got a Droid Incredible and have been streaming spotify over wi-fi through my work's wi-fi and probablly about 10 times a day Spotify will just stop playing and usually pick it back up in a about a minute. It's just getting really a...

• What's up?  So I've got a Droid Incredible and have been streaming spotify over wi-fi through my work's wi-fi and probablly about 10 times a day Spotify will just stop playing and usually pick i...
  • Imaactress101
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Albums

Like 1 week ago i had the newest simple plan álbum but now isn't there anymore. Why? Anybody know why?

• Like 1 week ago i had the newest simple plan álbum but now isn't there anymore. Why? Anybody know why?
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify shuts down on Android

I have updated my android and since then Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S5 keeps shutting down after aprox. 3 second and mothing is happening, so i can't even use the app. I don't use any battery saver, reinstalled the app few times and nothing is help...

• I have updated my android and since then Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S5 keeps shutting down after aprox. 3 second and mothing is happening, so i can't even use the app. I don't use any battery saver...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Playback just cuts off?

The app, on a Galaxy S6 Edge, will just stop playing after about 5 songs. It will say it's playing, but there's no sound, and the progress bar stays at the beginning.It won't continue until I open the app, which is very inconvenient when driving. Thi...

• Visitor
  • The app, on a Galaxy S6 Edge, will just stop playing after about 5 songs. It will say it's playing, but there's no sound, and the progress bar stays at the beginning. It won't continue until I open ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Disconnect device from Spotify

I am on the verge of replacing my current tablet with a new one. What is the simplest way for me to tell Spotify that the device is no longer to be downloaded to and should be removed from the list of my devices that can use the service?

• Gig Goer
  • I am on the verge of replacing my current tablet with a new one. What is the simplest way for me to tell Spotify that the device is no longer to be downloaded to and should be removed from the list o...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't logging in from different country - via app with facebook

Hi,I moved from Czech Republic to Canada and now I can't log into Spotify app with facebook. When I want to log in with Facebook the app showing me this: "You appear to be trying log into Spotify from different country" What should I do? Thanks

• Hi, I moved from Czech Republic to Canada and now I can't log into Spotify app with facebook. When I want to log in with Facebook the app showing me this: "You appear to be trying log into Spotify f...
  • anjieeeeeeeeee
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

They charge without having premium subscription

Last day i want buy the premium but i cant OK good. But they are charging and i dont use the premium serviceWhat can i do? I want use premium but i dont want the charge without reason

• Casual Listener
  • Last day i want buy the premium but i cant OK good. But they are charging and i dont use the premium service What can i do? I want use premium but i dont want the charge without reason
  • tester50
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded Podacsts disapear when i go offline

I have premium, I follow and download the podcasts I want but when I leave a place with WiFi they are soon gone. The download sign is there, but it's not green. What do I do?

• I have premium, I follow and download the podcasts I want but when I leave a place with WiFi they are soon gone. The download sign is there, but it's not green. What do I do?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

SPANISH-DESCARGAR ALBUMS

Hola: Soy Usuario Premium de Spotify, la mayor cantidad lo uso en mi Celular con sistema Android, algunas veces lo uso en casa con mi PC con Windows 8.1En el celular he decargado una gran cantidad de albums para usarlos sin conexión, cuando he descar...

• Visitor
  • Hola: Soy Usuario Premium de Spotify, la mayor cantidad lo uso en mi Celular con sistema Android, algunas veces lo uso en casa con mi PC con Windows 8.1 En el celular he decargado una gran cantidad ...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Responding Incredibly Slow on Many OnePlus X Android Phones

Hello, I wanted to bring to light a bug many OPX users seem to be experiencing. When using Spotify, weather I'm on Wifi or mobile data, I experience a ton of slowness when navigating the app. The app also loses track of the SD card from time to time ...

• Regular
  • Hello, I wanted to bring to light a bug many OPX users seem to be experiencing.  When using Spotify, weather I'm on Wifi or mobile data, I experience a ton of slowness when navigating the app.&n...
  • Carppopotamus
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Why doesnt what im playing show up in my notifications?

I know that a music bar with what you are playing is supposed to show up in my notifications and lock scren. And there is nothing there. Is there a way to turn this on and get it to show up?

• Casual Listener
  • I know that a music bar with what you are playing is supposed to show up in my notifications and lock scren. And there is nothing there. Is there a way to turn this on and get it to show up?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to play playlist radio stations recently

For the longest time I was able to play a playlist radio station using the Android app, as of a few weeks ago, it no longer works and will not play. I can still play artist radio stations, and song radio stations, just not playlist radio stations. It...

• Casual Listener
  • For the longest time I was able to play a playlist radio station using the Android app, as of a few weeks ago, it no longer works and will not play.  I can still play artist radio stat...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Song is not available" for every sing

Recently when I play a song on Spotify on my galaxy s7 the song will pause on its own multiple times before the song ends. When I open the app and hit play it will resume but will pause again after 30sec-1min. I also need to open the app in order for...

• Recently when I play a song on Spotify on my galaxy s7 the song will pause on its own multiple times before the song ends. When I open the app and hit play it will resume but will pause again after 3...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why Classical Fans NEED Composer Metadata (and what that could do for Spotify)

This is stupid no customer service line bull**bleep**. I've tried asking for help and I get nowhere how frustrating this service doesn't not help boooo.

• Regular
  • This is stupid no customer service line bull**bleep**. I've tried asking for help and I get nowhere how frustrating this service doesn't not help boooo.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks don't play, stays at 0:00 although it is set on play [Premium]

I am mainly using my phone in offline mode to hear songs.I downloaded everything i want to hear and it has the green arrow, so it should be possible to play it. About half the tracks are playin as they should, other tracks are just staying at 0:00, a...

• Casual Listener
  • I am mainly using my phone in offline mode to hear songs. I downloaded everything i want to hear and it has the green arrow, so it should be possible to play it.   About half the tracks are p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify integration BMW connected Drive

The Spotify integration currently only works with the new 2016 BMW 7 Series. When will Spotify be compatible for BMW Connected Drive 2014 X5-series?

• The Spotify integration currently only works with the new 2016 BMW 7 Series. When will Spotify be compatible for BMW Connected Drive 2014 X5-series?
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes