Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Multiple Players In Notifications (still no fix)

Multiple Players In Notifications (still no fix)

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

For the longest time now in my notifications tray it shows two spotify players. This is super frustrating as every fix I have tried has not worked. I have tried clean reinstall, I tried battery optimization, background data, clearing cache, signing out. different device, different profile literally everything. Not too long ago someone on reddit found a solution to turn off all notifications options except for playback and that fixed it for a bit but now it's the same exact nonsense. Upon further researching it looks like this is only an issue with Samsung devices as all the acreenshots I have seen have all been from Samsung devices. The second notification player when you swipe right does nothing. If you press play or skip nothing happens. It's just there and won't go away. Of you restart the phone it goes away but only for like a couple of hours and then it comes back.

How can I stop spotify from doing multiple sessions I legit only care for one and never even plan on using a feature like this. This only happens to spotify no other app. I even found a thread from April with a bunch of users with the same issue and still no fix!!!

Screenshot_20210629-081827_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210629-081832_Chrome.jpg
1 Reply

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We already replied to you about this in this thread. Let's keep the conversation going on that thread to avoid any mix-ups.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts