Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Music 'Popping/Crackle' Issue

Solved!

Music 'Popping/Crackle' Issue

I have Spotify installed on my LG Nexus 4. On my downloaded playlists - some of the songs 'pop' or 'crackle' while being played. I have noticed this more and more with my downloaded Spotify songs. Is no one else experiencing this? How do I stop it? I have reinstalled the app numerous times over and restored the phone to factory settings. Please help :S

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Solution (I had the same problem with my LG Nexus 5 6.0 Marshmallow) Went into settings and clear cache and data for Spotify and viola no more crackling. Whew I was thinking for a day it was my expensive speakers! Thank god it wasn't!

View solution in original post

29 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Can you try one more clean reinstall but this time follow the steps in this post which will remove all of the Spotify files. 

You might also want to try changing the quality of the tracks from the settings menu. 

Are you listening through the speaker or using headphones? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for your help. Just completed that and downloaded some songs again but they srill 'pop' at different times in the songs. It only happens to downloaded songs and is through my headphones and when played through speaker too. The music is already on 'High' quality. 

I'm having silmillar issues.. on Samsung S3.  Have tried everything I can think of, even replaced my SD card thinking that it mght help, but it did not, the dropouts are happening regardles whether the music is stored on internal or extenal memory..

To me it lookslike it might be connected with data connection on the phone, it seems that every time the phone looses H+ connection and is trying to reconnect (while on a train for example) the dropouts happen.. what I can't understand is why this is causing issues with playlists that have been downloaded already, and it's happening even when Spotify is in offline mode.. Really confusing..

Goran

Right OK that does sound similar. Glad I am not the only person with an issue. Except my playlists were downloaded using Wi Fi too. I had no issues with the iOS app. Just the Android app. Please help fix this Spotify. 

Yes I think iOS is fine..my partner uses Spotify on an Iphone4 and has no issues..

As to whether you downloaded music using WiFi of 3G, in my experience it did not make any difference.. the only thing I can connect to the dropouts is the data connection on the phone, I always listen during my commute into work, and if I use Flipboard app at the same time as listening to Spotify I'm guaranteed losts of dropouts as Flipboard is trying to refresh the data all the time.., if I just put the phone away and read a book there are a lot fewer dropouts..  did you notice anything similar, i.e.. dropouts when using another app that is data intensive..

I have yes. However even when the app is left alone it still does the same thing. I have also noticed that when I receive a text or something while downloading the issue happens too or use another app while downloading. It is so frustrating.

Anybody else having the same issue? Still happens in the new Android app update too.

This has been happening to me as well. I used to be able to listen my music at half volume and now I had to turn it almost all the way. There is a lot of static.

Still having this issue, hope it can get fixed soon.

Have the same issue since install of Android 6.0 on my LG Nexus 5. Tried everything, complete reinstall, different sound settings, different headphones/speakers... Spotify version 3.9.0.965

Please solve this issue quickly, very annoying!

Exactly the same with my nexus 5
Im freaking out like srsly i have to focus not to throw away my phone

Same as me! All my other music apps are fine.. Just Spotify, even if the songs are or aren't downloaded

Crackle is much less when disabling the equalizer (especially surround), but music sounds so flat without it…

Same thing on Nexus 9...crackling sound. Please fix it!

I have the same issue on my Galaxy S6. I'll try multiple headphones - same issue. It only happens to me in airplane mode though. So I was trapped on the airplane with no music! 

Marked as solution

Solution (I had the same problem with my LG Nexus 5 6.0 Marshmallow) Went into settings and clear cache and data for Spotify and viola no more crackling. Whew I was thinking for a day it was my expensive speakers! Thank god it wasn't!

I cancelled my premium because of this. When playing music through my very dear AKG's the crackling was unbearable!

No solution yet on nexus 9. Clearing cache doesn't work. Reinstalling app doesn't work! When in portrait mode static and crackling sound that male Spotify unusable

Have tried all of the above, still have crackling on my Nexus 6. Argh.

Suggested posts