Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Music stops playing, shows incorrect currently playing song

Music stops playing, shows incorrect currently playing song

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

OnePlus 6T

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Starting sometime in the last two weeks, Spotify just stops playing every few minutes. Happens on both regular playlists, like Discover Weekly and also podcasts. I have to open the app and hit play again.

Also, when I switch to a different album, playlist, or podcast; the currently playing song at the footer of the app doesn't switch to the new song. It's still stuck on the first song I chose even though the new one is playing.

I've already tried doing a "clean reinstall" as described in several of the canned responses on this forum.

As a paying customer, I am currently looking into exporting my library to a different service.

1 Reply

Hey @ricksuggs

Help’s here!

If this persists after a clean reinstall it's also a good idea to make sure no power saving settings or data cleaning apps run active on your mobile device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

Just to confirm, is this happening only when connected to a certain Internet connection? If possible, we'd suggest connecting to a different network (for example, if this is happening when you're connected to 3G/4G, try switching to a WiFi connection). 

If it works with another connection, it’d be a good idea troubleshooting further the original one (for example, by restarting your router). You can also reach out to the service provider of the original network so that they can take a look on their end as well.

Hope this helps. Keep us in the loop here. 

Suggested posts