Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Mobile] App crashes, what is playing does not match what app indicates.

[Mobile] App crashes, what is playing does not match what app indicates.

Android version 11, Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ T-Mobile, Spotify App version 8.6.30.889

I have had this on going issue with the App.  I listen to a podcast and then have to step out of car, or go in for the day.  When I return to Spotify it shows a podcast that isn't the one that is playing through my head phones, and when this happens the controls of the app do not work.  I try to change to a different podcast, no luck.  I try to pause the playback with my headphones or the app and it doesn't respond.  I can close the app and it stops, but as soon as I return it plays the podcast I was listening too but no controls.  I have deleted and re-installed several times.  This works for a few plays but reverts back to the no control.  The only thing that seems to work a little is to force stop the app.

2 Replies

Have the same problem. Happens on both my phones and my wife's phone (all android) over the past couple of weeks. Happens for me with songs or podcasts. 

I have the same problem, and the play and pause buttons doesn't work unless y open the podcasts actually playing. I have also reinstaled the app erasing the cache as you instructed and worked for a few minutes and then it stop playing. My device is a Galaxy note20 ultra, 3.1 One UI version, Android version 11.

Suggested posts