Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

My Droid doesn't show up in the Devices list anymore!

My Droid doesn't show up in the Devices list anymore!

I've tried absolutely everything I can find (a lot of people have written about this - some have found solutions and others haven't). My droid and my MacBook Pro are connected to the same WiFi network in my house. My phone has shown up in the device list for months. Then I upgraded my phone and it no longer shows up. The weird thing is that I went back to my old phone and now it doesn't show up either! So I can't sync my local files anymore.

In sum - with spotify open on my droid, open on my laptop, connected to the same wifi, the droid simply won't show up under Devices. This is a big deal to me since probably 1/4 of what I listen to is local bands and my own band (none of them are on spotify).

I hope someone has a solution that I haven't already tried. Thanks.

6 Replies

In case anyone else finds this thread I did end up getting mine to work (after abut 48 hours of pulling my hair out). The "solution" was simple in my case, but it might have been a coincidence. I turned the wireless off on my phone for a different reason - then I when I turned it back on the device instantly appeared in spotify-desktop! I had already factory reset my phone, so I know that establishing a connection to the wireless was not the problem in the first place. Also, I was able to play music on my phone, so I know that it was hooked up to the wireless (I turned off 3g just to be sure).

But for some reason when I toggled the wireless off then on again - it worked. Go figure.

This happens to me every once and awhile.  Sometimes I have to connect my laptop to another network and then back again to make it work.  I keep an eye on the community to learn stuff to stay somewhat sane.

hey, i just disabled my antivirus didn't work.. so i unninstalled my antivirus, and guess?? it worked..

so what i did is: changed some settings in exclussions.  and this worked...

sorry for my bad english..

P.S. Also run spotify on your phone first, then on your pc.. sometimes this wil help.

Toggling Wifi worked for me - thanks!
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Windows 7

Spotify 0.9.1.57.ge7405149

think the The Android OS has a bug in it. My galaxy note needs a reboot from time to time since the 3g stops working all of the sudden... sometimes only for part of the software installed. some work and some don't... I wouldn't say it's a Spotify issue.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Hi, did you ever get this fixed?

Suggested posts