Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

My Spotify app can´t connect Chrome Cast

My Spotify app can´t connect Chrome Cast

My spotify app version 8.5.60.1013 can´t connect on my chromeCast TV

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazail

Device

Xiami Mi6 

Operating System

Android Muiu Global version 11.06

My Question or Issue

A have a network with cabe/Wi-fi  hosts my Mi6 phone can´t connect spotify to chromeCast , no listed on devices availables.  When a connect with my laptop wireless with a webplayer  in ChromeCast and open Spotify on phone show me connected and show controllers for change music,  up and down volume etc... 

For example I tried connect 3 times with my phone,  my chromeCast name is "ChromeCastQuartoDine" is not available.  Before connect with browser Show connected in ScreenShots in attachaments

WebPlayerConnected.PNG

After connected on web player show me this on my phone

Screenshot_2020-06-16-14-56-49-305_com.spotify.music.jpg

adding information:
I reseted my chromeCast two times, and updated

6 Replies

Hey there @valdinei!

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community!

Can you try restarting your router and your phone to see if that makes a difference for you?

We'd also recommend giving this a try on a different network, for example you can start a hotspot of your phone and use that network.

In case the issue persists, we'll need to know when you first stared noticing this issue and if it also happens when you try to connect your phone to your computer.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Spotify has never fully supported Chromecast. The behaviour is buggy while other apps can handle without problems. I have contacted support to help me with this issue, via app and Tweeter but so far I have not received any explanation about this issue. All I receive are questions like "have you reset your router?, have you unplugged Chromecast?" that have nothing to do cause every other app works.

I guess the only way to solve this issue is having another Streaming service that works with Chromecast.

Even with these limitations it always worked very well for me, I never had any problems. But in the last two months the problems started.
It could be an error in the Spotify app or even an error in Google Chrome Cast itself.
I opened a bug in the google community to be investigated there too

I have already reset my chrome Cast, I have restarted all devices.
When I send the music through the browser on the desktop, the songs play normally.

I will try change network , the issue not resolved

Hey there @valdinei

Thank you for your reply.

Could you try to reinstall the app. You can find the steps here.

It would also be great if you could try to use another account and try to cast with the Chromecast, such as a friend's or family member's account.

We also recommend you to have a look at out on going issue - Spotify + Chromecast Audio Connection Keeps Dropping

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts