Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

My google pixel uses Spotify for my alarm music, how do I choose the songs?

My google pixel uses Spotify for my alarm music, how do I choose the songs?

Every morning I get woken up to songs by 'Grimes' that I've never actually listened to and they're kinda creepy, I like a couple of her songs but I can't work out how to change what the alarm plays, I asked the Google community and they said it's a Spotify problem.
1 Reply

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We'd like to add some insights first.  If your account is on Premium, and you're having issues finding out how to set specific content as an alarm, here are some steps you can take. It's important to mention that when creating a new alarm, the Clock app tends to remember your ringtone selection for previous alarms, so it can mean that the same content it's being automatically set up to play with all your alarms.

That being said, to change the content, you'll need to open more options by tapping the arrow at the top-right of the alarm. There, above the vibration settings, tap the current ringtone to open alarm sounds options:

You'll open Alarm Sound options. Then, at the top of the screen, you should make sure you're on the Spotify tab:

From there, choose the content you'd like by tapping it. A blue check mark will indicate that a choice has been made. A tap will also start preview playback from the track/playlist/album; you can stop the preview by tapping again. You can also find other content (tacks, albums, playlists) by tapping the search icon in the bottom-right corner.

After that, navigate back to the alarm tab on the Clock app to double-check the content was correctly set up.

If you're having issues with this process, would you mind sending us a video recording, so we can better visualize what's happening on your side? You can attach the video in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and make it public, so we can watch it.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts