Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

My playlist wont sync to my Android device :(

Solved!

My playlist wont sync to my Android device :(

I have three playlists and two of them synced perfectly. However the other one will not sync at all and I cant figure out why. I am a new Spotify(premium) user and it may be user error but I have looked everywhere and cant find out why. I hope someone can help me!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Wich devices and android version do you use?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Spotify is generally not working very well on Android, espacially ICS. There are actually a few threads already about this, and I believe Spotify is currently working on a fix.

View solution in original post

24 Replies

Same here. Spotify needs to fix this.
Marked as solution

Wich devices and android version do you use?

I have an HTC Inspire but it shows up as a Desire. Pretty much the same thing. Im thinking about trying it on my ipod but I hate to delete everything I already have on it.

Marked as solution

Spotify is generally not working very well on Android, espacially ICS. There are actually a few threads already about this, and I believe Spotify is currently working on a fix.

Hi i had the very same problem myself, its something wrong with the login.

I logged in with my spotify account name (not e-mail adress) and it didnt wanna sync, after i tried (with my e-mail adress) it worked perfectly.

So to those of you who got the sync problem try using e-mail adress to log in with.

Might be just my typical luck it worked, but if it is the problem i wanted to share it with the community.

Hope it works for you as well. Mucho 🙂

@alex3885 wrote:

Spotify is generally not working very well on Android, especially ICS. There are actually a few threads already about this, and I believe Spotify is currently working on a fix.

Well if Spotify knows about this issue then all we can do is wait. I though there might be a hot fix for this. Such as deleting cache files from droid or reinstalling. 

Thanks for the notification. I'll try and see if I can find those threads on the topic.

The hot fix is to download the preview app, which works well on ICS. Get it here http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

yeh this new Preview spotify still doesn't solve my problem. It looks like it's about to commence the downloads but the download bar doesn't move at all.. It's always at 0%. I left it "downloading" for a few hours and nothing started to download.

oh and where is the "Local Files" through "Preview" version?... the old version was able to play the local files. 

Could you try to clear the cache (through Android system settings, manage Alps section) and see if that helps with downloading playlists

Local files can't be played through the preview - hopefully this will be back when the app hits Play. Check out the sticky at the top of the Android forum for other issues with the preview
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Ahhh ok "beta". 😛 Thank you for the info on that ill use the old version for now then. No luck with the clear cache through app managing. I really hope Spotify gets all these minor bugs fixed. Until then I'm going to have to pull the plug.

Spotify is really one of a kind. When I was first introduced to this amazing software I could not believe how fast and effective the songs were playing and the variety. It was very innovative and aspiring. My work place is in the vehicle so you could imagine how limited I was before I discovered Spotify. 

Yeah... Spotify is a must... i cant drop it.... its my only way of listening to music in my truck. Forget CD's. Spotify + FM Transmitter = 😄

i just hope you all get that playlist fixed soon. 😛

I have found to update (sync) your playlist on your mobile device at least for Android you must make sure your phone is not offline and you must sign out on your mobile device and sign out of spotify on your computer and sign back in to both while making sure it on the same wireless etc. It took me forever to figure out that I needed to sign out and back on my spotify app on my mobile device to "refresh" so it could update my playlists.

Hi - 

I have been having the same problem.  I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app and my playlists synced. Not ideal but it works until Spotify fixes the glitch.  Hope that helps!

cheers,

c.

Hey! 

I'm experiencing the same difficulties and I'm bummed that I haven't got any replies from the support (I even tried twitter...) 

My phone doesn't even appear on under devices, so I could only download the files via my phone, which takes a lot more time, than it would do if the synchings option would work. 

I tried uninstalling etc, but still nothing.

Also, if someone would help me, how to get this preview thing work, I'd be thankful! 

My nexus 4 appears under devices but as soon as I hit synchronize Playlist with phone (juste one!) my phone gives me a Unknown error syncing error.

I reinstalled both the desktop (mac) and android version. Still the same problem. Weird thing: IT always shows me I have starred 3 Tracks on my phone. But I cleared all my music! So there shouldnt be any starred files. What the hell is happening Spotifiy, if this keeps on I will leave spotifiy and go back to other solutions...

Do you have any security or firewall software running on you computer or built into your router? 

If so, try adding Spotify to the exceptions list of the software. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for your reply. After I reinstalled Spotify for Mac the problem on the Desktop version went away. Im seeing my Nexus 4 under "Devices" but I cant sync music to it. When I add a playlist to sync with the device, the error message "Unknown error Syncing error" pops up on the mobile screen.

Another strange thing: The "Starred" Playlist  (on my phone) keeps showing 3 starred tracks although I dont have any tracks starred right now. I think my account is corrupted or something and it has to be "resetted" by Spotify.

/EDIT

Found the solution

I was using an american DNS Server  on my Spotify desktop client which confused Spotify. So folks check your proxy/dns settings so that they match your country

Suggested posts