Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

keep getting facebook pop up

When I try to log in from either of two android devices it asks for a second log in relating to Facebook. If I cancel, it logs me out, if I log in it logs me out.

• Regular
  • When I try to log in from either of two android devices it asks for a second log in relating to Facebook. If I cancel, it logs me out, if I log in it logs me out.
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Syncing/Downloading One Song at a Time? (Premium)

I purchased Spotify Premium just yesterday, so the whole concept of things is new to me, so I apologise if I sound too much like a newbie with this problem. Basically, I have synced all of my songs to my Android device on the Spotify App, with over 4...

• Regular
  • I purchased Spotify Premium just yesterday, so the whole concept of things is new to me, so I apologise if I sound too much like a newbie with this problem. Basically, I have synced all of my songs t...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Play Spotify on Samsung tab?

When I play Spotify on my Samsung Tab I want the picture to rotate. How do I do this?

• When I play Spotify on my Samsung Tab I want the picture to rotate. How do I do this?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Periodic but very brief audio pops and cutouts

My device is a 32GB Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. Android version is 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean). Whether I'm streaming content over 4G LTE or WiFi *or* listening to content that I have downloaded onto the device, I periodically get cutouts in the audio. I...

• Casual Listener
  • My device is a 32GB Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Verizon.   Android version is 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean).   Whether I'm streaming content over 4G LTE or WiFi *or* listening to content that I ha...
  • Chance1320
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant login spotify on Samsung galaxy s3.. via facebook

yesterday spotify was working fine on my phone, but today when i woke up, i had to relog in... so i pressed log in with facebook on my android, and it said logging in.... and showed my playlist for about 2 seconds, then went to another screen that sa...

• yesterday spotify was working fine on my phone, but today when i woke up, i had to relog in... so i pressed log in with facebook on my android, and it said logging in.... and showed my playlist for a...
  • ostrowj
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

sf

Hi when I first downloaded spotify i did through virginmedia as i was on top package jus for broadband i got it free and vip.. Also permanent. I've recently down graded on my package but is it fair that virgin are making me download it again but this...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi when I first downloaded spotify i did through virginmedia as i was on top package jus for broadband i got it free and vip.. Also permanent. I've recently down graded on my package but is it fair t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Synchronization of my personal musics.

Hello. You said that or saying, there are no limits of synchronization of our personal musics on an android device. I was able to notice that it was false because in every synchronization the level of storage decreases. It is normal?That I shall have...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. You said that or saying, there are no limits of synchronization of our personal musics on an android device. I was able to notice that it was false because in every synchronization the lev...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Personnal Music Syncronisation

Hello ! (Sorry for my english :p) I try to syncronise my own music from my computer on spotify on my Galaxy S3 but I not sucess! Wi-fi doesn't detect my phone ... I tried to restart spotify on my phone and on my computer but in vain ... I can listen ...

• Hello ! (Sorry for my english :p)   I try to syncronise my own music from my computer on spotify on my Galaxy S3 but I not sucess! Wi-fi doesn't detect my phone ... I tried to restart spot...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Homescreen widget invisible on my S4

I just switched to a Samsung Galaxy S4, and when I try to add the home screen widget for Spotify, it's invisible. Has anybody experienced this, or have I just done something stupid?

• I just switched to a Samsung Galaxy S4, and when I try to add the home screen widget for Spotify, it's invisible. Has anybody experienced this, or have I just done something stupid? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with spotify app.

I can't open spotify app.

• Music Fan
  • I can't open spotify app.
  • jacob_tullis
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app crashes while i scroll through playlist

Hey,So whenever I scroll through the songs in a playlist the app crashes. Also it doesn't save my login info and i have to relogin each time. I've tried reinstalling the all but it didn't change. I don't know if this is important but it seems to have...

• Hey, So whenever I scroll through the songs in a playlist the app crashes. Also it doesn't save my login info and i have to relogin each time. I've tried reinstalling the all but it didn't change....
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium deletes downloaded playlists

Hi - ever since I have updated the app on my S1, Spotify keeps deleting downloaded playlists. The playlists may stay for a day, or until I restart either my phone or the app, but then will disappear. I have even tried deleting all cached files and re...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi - ever since I have updated the app on my S1, Spotify keeps deleting downloaded playlists. The playlists may stay for a day, or until I restart either my phone or the app, but then will disappear....
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Local mp3s synced from desktop will not work on android mobile

I've been a spotify premium customer for ~2 years, but this problem has only recently begun. I'm quite a bit irritated since it's a recent occurence. I'm extremely busy and it's more than a little annoying to have to waste time attempting to figure o...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been a spotify premium customer for ~2 years, but this problem has only recently begun. I'm quite a bit irritated since it's a recent occurence. I'm extremely busy and it's more than a little an...
  • WarpCow
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

galaxy ace and tablet

Hi started having a problem logging in. Each time I go onto my spotify app, it asks me to log in via facebook. I do this and once logged in it goes to my play list for seconds then goes back to log in page. Whats the problem? Cheers bairdy

• Visitor
  • Hi started having a problem logging in. Each time I go onto my spotify app, it asks me to log in via facebook. I do this  and once logged in it goes to my play list for seconds then goes back to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded Playlists

Hi. when i started spotify on my phone today i noticed that all of my downloadedd playlists were missing. i wanna know why! now i have to download them all over again! i need my downloaded playlists because where i live i have really crapy reception.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. when i started spotify on my phone today i noticed that all of my downloadedd playlists were missing.  i wanna know why! now i have to download them all over again! i need my downloaded pl...
  • yellow160
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs not playing

After disappointment playing local files on my desktop, I tried the Android app. Got Premium, started the app, hit play - and nothing. Playlists are shown, Spotify brings up the media window with song title etc. but no music. Relogged, still no music...

• Regular
  • After disappointment playing local files on my desktop, I tried the Android app. Got Premium, started the app, hit play - and nothing.   Playlists are shown, Spotify brings up the media window...
  • pndrev
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing multiple playlists at once.

So... today I was out cutting grass and I was switching from one playlist to another, and I thought it was switching back to the previous playlist, but it turns out that both playlists were playing at the same time.I don't know how I got that to happ...

• So... today I was out cutting grass and I was switching from one playlist to another, and I thought it was switching back to the previous playlist, but it turns out that both playlists were playing a...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to change playlist order and where is shuffle play?

I have a premium account. Neither online nor on my androir phone can I change the order of a playlist or use shuffle play. Those options do not appear. How come?

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium account. Neither online nor on my androir phone can I change the order of a playlist or use shuffle play. Those options do not appear. How come?
  • Mindyfromork
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist loading

Anyone having the playlistloading, nowadays?

• Casual Listener
  • Anyone having the playlistloading, nowadays?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

no premium

I brought Spotify premium today and at the spotify Website i have premium and on my smartphone is a notification, that i don't have premium -.-

• I brought Spotify premium today and at the spotify Website i have premium and on my smartphone is a notification, that i don't have premium -.-
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes