Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

NO LIBRARY SHUFFLE OR PLAY OPTION!! You must be kidding me, this is a cancel-able offense

Solved!

NO LIBRARY SHUFFLE OR PLAY OPTION!! You must be kidding me, this is a cancel-able offense

if they dont fix that soon i will cancel my subscription. ALL SHUFFLE is the most used feature in anyones music player. I mean really wtf. What idiot thought not to include that. It is standard in everything music player related. I mean the ipod's its a dedicated button for christ sake. This is a major fail.

Please tell me that ya'll are planning on fixing this and when? and how can i get the old app back

30 Replies

now that is the smartest, quickest fix to this problem I have heard, though it will frustrate some that actually use the star method, but since I dont this is a decent temporary fix. Thanks. But I wont pick this as a solution cause it just disables one feature to get back an old one. But is a clever remedy.

..there is no all tracks option. there is nothing else to click. Nor is there anything ..anywhere with a shuffle button.

Marked as solution

There is no way to do this:

"

You click top left. then playlists. 

Then under all click playlists.       ,<<-- there is no "Playlists" under All. All just lists all the playlists I have separately

Then it will show All tracks. Click that and then play a track.  <---No All track option anywhere for this

Turn shuffle on. It will play your entire library in shuffle. "   <---No shuffle button anywhere for playlist options

All I can do is click playlists then select specific playlists

When clicking on any of those, there is no shuffle option

Did you read that thread ? It is found here. http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/How-to-play-your-entire-library/td-p/79881/page/2

To play your entire library, organize your playlists something like this then click All Tracks:

folders.png

In this example:

• The top All Tracks link will play everything in every playlist in every folder in the folder called Folder With All My Playlists.
  • If you click Folder A then click theAll Tracks link in there it will play everything in every playlist in Folder A.
  • If you click Folder B then click the All Tracks link in there it will play everything in every playlist in Folder B etc.

Once the first track starts you can click the Shuffle button (bottom-left) to shuffle the music.

Well, I now see why people have been talking past each other here... Looking at the screenshots at http://en.wikinoticia.com/Technology/Software/119541-bitelia-labs-the-new-spotify-for-android, there's a menu along the bottom with three buttons, the left-most is presumably Shuffle. 

On my Droid X, THAT MENU DOESN'T EXIST. There is nothing below the bar with the titles and play/pause button.

Looks like a device-specific bug...

@mikeryan776 wrote:

Well, I now see why people have been talking past each other here... Looking at the screenshots at http://en.wikinoticia.com/Technology/Software/119541-bitelia-labs-the-new-spotify-for-android, there's a menu along the bottom with three buttons, the left-most is presumably Shuffle. 

On my Droid X, THAT MENU DOESN'T EXIST. There is nothing below the bar with the titles and play/pause button.

Looks like a device-specific bug...

Those three buttons only exist on phones with ICS and no capacitive buttons like home, back and menu. Like the Galaxy Nexus. They have nothing to do with Spotify 🙂

Marked as solution

OK figured it out.

Choose your playlist and then start a song.

***PRESS ON THE ARTIST AND SONG AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN***

The player will go full screen, and the shuffle icon is on the left.

They hid it well!

**Android Razr Maxx

I am using the Spotify Android app. I hit playlists, choose my playlist, play a song, and then you all say there is a shuffle button. There is not. All it will let me do is play the playlist in the order that the song are there. No shuffle button/option whatsoever.

YYYEEESSSSS THANK YOU 67cruiser I LOVE YOU IT WORKED :DDD

Nope, this cannot be the solution, its easier and more efficient to just click the shuffle option and thats it, especially for people who uses the app at work, we sometime dont have time through scroll and choose the song that we want to listen.

Suggested posts