Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

NO LIBRARY SHUFFLE OR PLAY OPTION!! You must be kidding me, this is a cancel-able offense

Solved!

NO LIBRARY SHUFFLE OR PLAY OPTION!! You must be kidding me, this is a cancel-able offense

if they dont fix that soon i will cancel my subscription. ALL SHUFFLE is the most used feature in anyones music player. I mean really wtf. What idiot thought not to include that. It is standard in everything music player related. I mean the ipod's its a dedicated button for christ sake. This is a major fail.

Please tell me that ya'll are planning on fixing this and when? and how can i get the old app back

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There is no way to do this:

"

You click top left. then playlists. 

Then under all click playlists.       ,<<-- there is no "Playlists" under All. All just lists all the playlists I have separately

Then it will show All tracks. Click that and then play a track.  <---No All track option anywhere for this

Turn shuffle on. It will play your entire library in shuffle. "   <---No shuffle button anywhere for playlist options

All I can do is click playlists then select specific playlists

When clicking on any of those, there is no shuffle option

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

OK figured it out.

Choose your playlist and then start a song.

***PRESS ON THE ARTIST AND SONG AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN***

The player will go full screen, and the shuffle icon is on the left.

They hid it well!

**Android Razr Maxx

View solution in original post

30 Replies

Shuffle? Never used it. I prefer to listen to albums in the way the artist intended.

yah well unfortunately not every artist makes amazing albums, some just make a few hits and I am not going to sit through the crap like some idiot just to get to the goods, lol, i bet even those artists you love shuffle their music. ok for the normal folks out there, can i get some "i feel ya" 

I have the exact same problem. I also am going to cancel my subscription if this won't be fixed in the near future.

I agree that listening by album is my most used method ... but occasionally I like to shuffle all and mitt hit upon something I'd not thought to listen to for a while. So definitely a useful feature
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Then I can't help asking the question: why did they remove it?

No. But it's still a valid question - why did they not consider this a necessary feature when deciding what had to be in the rewrite.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

No library shuffle is a deal killer. 

I have around 4000 tracks in my library with each album as its own playlist.

The last thing I want to do is have select what listen to before it will play anything.

I simply set random shuffle and hit play at the library level and let it play anything from the 4000 tracks.

Variety is important and I hate having to make playlists to begin with.

Maybe have to return to Pandora.

A simple solution until it's added....

On a PC: Click Library, Select all and add all your music to a new playlist.. then shuffle that 😛

Granted you have to sync a whole lot of duplicate music, which you may or may not have the space for, but its better than cancelling to spite yourself and having nothing 😛

I can try that. I stream everything so syncing won't be a problem.

Dumb question maybe, but I don't see a way to play a playlist either. I have to go to the song level on my device to get anything to play. I expected something like a long press and add to queue or something like that.

What am I missing.

Yea thats always bugged me. But if you just play the first track, it adds the rest to the queue.

Hopefully that will be changed. There's a lot of feature requests that seem to eventually make the final cut, so its all good!

This is a problem for me to, I listen to a lot of club music and I'm picky about what I listen to regularly, I don't want to listen to the same song 4 times in a row remixed 4 ways. The only reason to have premium imo is the mobile access.

I've just tested creating a "master" playlist which works. The app is also clever enough not to re-download anything that has already been made offline...

You can always use hpguru's guide ( http://community.spotify.com/t5/Community-Contribution/Delete-duplicates-from-Spotify-playlist-in-m... ) to create a playlist without duplicates.

As i said, just a nice easy work-around until it is a feature.

Do you mean on the new Android app ? Released yesterday? You click top left. then playlists.

Then under all click playlists. Then it will show All tracks. Click that and then play a track. Turn shuffle on. It will play your entire library in shuffle. What am I missing? It can do that now. If you are not online, you can only shuffle specific playlists. It doesn't have access to all the tracks.

They really do need to stop Spotify adding artists into a playlist that are already added. It just does it. And doesn't warn you. It needs to do so. 

Do you mean on the new Android app ? Released yesterday? You click top left. then playlists.

Then under all click playlists. Then it will show All tracks. Click that and then play a track. Turn shuffle on. It will play your entire library in shuffle. What am I missing? It can do that now. If you are not online, you can only shuffle specific playlists. It doesn't have access to all the tracks.

They really do need to stop Spotify adding artists into a playlist that are already added. It just does it. And doesn't warn you. It needs to do so. Then you never have duplicates unless it is intentional.

The only option I have is to shuffle all songs in the playlist I choose. It won't shuffle every playlists I have. I've decided to cancel my subscription cause of this, I've waited forever for this update, and it removed the one thing I use the most...

do you mean online or offline that you can do this. do you want to do it for both ?

if online. 

make a folder on spotify. put all your playlists into that folder. 

then on android phone. click playlists then click on that folder name. I just happened to call that folder name playlists. 

then at the top it says all tracks. 

click all tracks, then play a track, once one is playing click shuffle. now you are shuffling all your playlists.

you are at least shuffling multiple playlists at once. 

how is that not a solution. ?

because then if i add new songs later on i will then have to keep adding them to that master playlist, its just a bunch of extra work that we never had to do before this update. If I am going to shell out $120 a year for a music service I shouldnt have to do all this, just to shuffle my **bleep** library.

I believe they will fix this, they would have to be complete idiots not to. I will be patient. If not I will just use the old app in the meantime.

Where is the libary ?....I mean really what????where????I would like to un update spotify now please.

I only really use a shuffled libary offline at work because I have no access to wifi at work, This had better get changed or its back to an mp3 player lol.

I know its prob just another bandage fix but what about starring everything and using that as the master library

Suggested posts