Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Naming Playlists Questions

Solved!

Naming Playlists Questions

So if I want to create a playlist like "90's Dance Hits" and there is already a listener created playlist with the same name how does that work? I'm not seeing duplicate names in playlists searches but I can't imagine people's choices in namig playlists being progressive reduced. 

This also brings up the issue of using something like Google Assistant and I use the voice command "Play, 90's dance hits," if there are multiple playlists of same name I could end up playing the wrong one. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello! 

I have seen duplicates of playlist names with unpopular topics (for example, I searched "Sabrina Carpenter" And I saw at least two playlists titled that.), but if you use a popular topic such as "90s hits" you won't find as many duplicates unless you scroll down for a while. Spotify let's you name the playlist anything you please. I am pretty sure they sort the list of playlists by the amount of followers/listeners. Regarding the Google assistant, check out what I said in this thread: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Any-tips-for-navigating-Spotify-via-Google-Assistant/m-p/45...

I hope this helps! 

- Emily

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hello! 

I have seen duplicates of playlist names with unpopular topics (for example, I searched "Sabrina Carpenter" And I saw at least two playlists titled that.), but if you use a popular topic such as "90s hits" you won't find as many duplicates unless you scroll down for a while. Spotify let's you name the playlist anything you please. I am pretty sure they sort the list of playlists by the amount of followers/listeners. Regarding the Google assistant, check out what I said in this thread: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Any-tips-for-navigating-Spotify-via-Google-Assistant/m-p/45...

I hope this helps! 

- Emily

Suggested posts