Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Nexus 5 Android 5.0 OTA Volume Toggle Issue

Nexus 5 Android 5.0 OTA Volume Toggle Issue

Nexus 5 stock, not rooted, running build LRX210.  When I'm playing music on spotify, toggling the volume up/down via the volume rocker only allows me to control my phone's media volume.  In order to control the notification/vibrate settings of the phone, i have to stopplayback on spotify and wait a few seconds.  Only then will the full Android L volume control show up when i use the volume rocker.  This issue only started after i did a factory reset on my phone, before that, i could toggle the volume as well as the notification priority modes, during music playback.  I hope this made sense...

NOTE : the first image is with spotify music paused, the second is with music on play.  Notice how the notification toggles are no longer on the volume bar when music is being played.

Screenshot_2014-11-18-16-45-38.png
Screenshot_2014-11-18-16-45-52.png
1 Reply

Hi, this is standard Android functionality and is the same with my M8 running 4.4.4.

The volume rocker adjusts the current output.... when you are listening to media this is the media control. When you aren't then you are controlling the ring volume. If you try changing the volume whilst streaming Spotify do you see a cog on the volume overlay that appears? You can tap this to go sirectly to your sound control where you can modify the other output levels.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts