Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

No podcast episodes

No podcast episodes

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Huawei p smart+

Operating System

Android 9.1

My Question or Issue

There are no new podcast episodes since March 10th. Neither in my libary nor on the podcast iself. How can I see them?

13 Replies

Hey @FurySubway

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

Could you confirm if you still experience the issue after running a clean reinstall on your Android device? This will remove corrupted data that could be causing it and update the app to the latest version. 

In case this persists after a clean reinstall, make sure no battery optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on your mobile device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.

Hey,

I thought about that and I reinstalled Spotify but I couldn't see any of the newer podcast episodes. Then I saw your reply and deleted AVG Cleaner which maybe stops Spotify on its own and reinstalled it a second time, granted all permissions but still nothing. Weirdly except for two podcasts I followed after the 10th of March. But I can only see one newer episode each (there was more released in that time)

Kai

Hey @FurySubway,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you send us a link/URI to the podcasts you're referring to, so we can check it on our end?

Also, let us know if this is happening for you on every device, including the Web Player.

Some podcasters remove certain episodes du to copyright issues.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey,

The problem is only on my android phone and the podcasts are: Gemischtes Hack, Gefühlte Fakten, Tagesschau in 100 Sekunden, Deutschlandfunk Nachrichten, Deutschlandfunk Presseschau, Deutschlandfunk, Wissenschaftsnachrichten, Spiegel Update,...

The two podcasts with one episode after the 10th of March are WVFRM /Waveform by MKBHD and FOMO by Spotify

Kai

Hey @FurySubway,

Thanks for the reply.

We've checked those podcasts and they appear to have newer episodes after the 10th of March.

This issue might be related to your phone or your account. Can you try logging in with a different account and check if you can see newer episodes on your phone.

Can you also check, if newer episodes load when you access them through Your Library> Podcasts > Show ( not episodes).

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

Hey,

I looked at Shows and, except these I told you, the latest are "last updated on 10th of March".

I created a brand new account, because I hadn't another one, and each one of these podcast got updated there.

Kai

Hi @FurySubway,

Thanks for getting back to us with this info. 

Would you mind sending over a screenshot where we can take a better look at what you're seeing from your end? You can attach it to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. 

Also, could you confirm the app version you're currently running? 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hey,

The things you asked for are attached. 

Kai

Screenshot_20210403_092533_com.spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_20210403_092456_com.spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_20210403_092447_com.spotify.music.jpg

Hey @FurySubway,

Thanks for getting back to us with the screenshots.

All the troubleshooting done so far indicates that the issue is indeed account related. Since the podcasts update as expected with the new one we recommend that you transfer you music collection and switch to using it instead. You can follow the steps in this guide. 

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator

Hey,

I have a question about that: I am in a DuoAccount. How do I transfer my old account to my new one in this case?

Kai

Hi there @FurySubway,

Thank you for your post in this thread.

Can you confirm if you're the Duo plan owner or the invited user?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey,

Like that?

Kai

Screenshot_20210403_143439.jpg

Hey again @FurySubway,

Thank you for your reply.

If you're the Duo plans owner (the one that pays for the plan) you can cancel your subscription and then start subscribing with your new account and then invite the other Duo member.

If someone else is paying for the plan you can ask them to remove you from their plan and then invite the new account that you create to their Duo plan.

You can find more information about this here.

We hope that the information above was helpful. Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts