Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Not all buttons and menu items are accessible in 1280x720 resolution (android car radio unit)

Not all buttons and menu items are accessible in 1280x720 resolution (android car radio unit)

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

US

Device

Eonon car radio unit with 10 inch screen at 1280x720

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I am unable to access all functions and menu options on my car radio unit. I believe this is due to the resolution of the screen being below 1080.  this has gotten worse with recent app updates, as it was fully operational and usable not terribly long ago.

6 Replies

Hi there @sprunt666,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

First up, are you able to change the screen resolution or the car display settings to check if that makes a difference? Additionally, make sure the system is up-to-date. 

Now, would you mind sending us a video recording or screenshot of this behavior? You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

There is no way to change the resolution on my car radio head unit. I've
been through the main menus and hidden menus.

Here is a link to a video showing my screen and some of the navigation
issues I experience: https://youtu.be/uQcIwGBSP_0

Hey @sprunt666,

Thanks for reaching out and for making a video recording!

Does the Shuffle button appear on different resolutions or is the 1280x720p the default and only one?
And, in regards to the Connect picker - does the PC from your home not show up when the app is switched on on the PC as well? 

On another note, we'd also like to know if the Spotify app is directly installed on the Android radio unit or if you're using a different connection, e.g. Bluetooth and/ or Android Auto when you're connecting to it.

Many thanks! We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

There are no other resolutions available.

On the picker, I don't know what shows up because I am unable to scroll. I know that if content is playing on my phone, a Google home, and alexa, or my PC, I am able to switch it to other devices with no problem. It's just the radio that I have no ability to scroll the connect list on.

The Spotify app is installed directly onto the car stereo head unit. It's an Android base unit.

Hey there @sprunt666,

Thanks for your reply and for all the info shared.

We really appreciate the time you took to let us know about this. However, we can't confirm a specific timeline for this inconvenience to be fixed.

For now, we'd suggest keeping your app and car radio unit up-to-date, so you don't miss out on any developments.

We'll be here if anything else comes up.

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have the exact same problem. The “now playing” screen in the Android Car App, doesn’t show the Repeat/Shuffle buttons. Is there any update about this problem?

PD:

1: It’s impossible to change the Screen resolution in the Android Car.

2: The app is directly installed in the Android Car SO.

Suggested posts