Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Offline Sync Fail! Download Error

Solved!

Offline Sync Fail! Download Error

Hi, I've been using Spotify happily for a while on my android phone but now it refuses to download any more songs for offline play. It's downloaded a few tracks OK but no way reached the 3333 track limit.

When I try to add a song for offline mode it gives me the following error:

DOWNLOAD ERROR - Downloading has stopped because there's no space left on this device

However, Spotify is set to save to my 64Gb SD Card which has 5Gb free. Even if it were trying to save to internal storage, that has 3Gb free.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Also tried deleting the cache and com.spotify.music folders from both storage locations while app was uninstalled.

Phone: Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Spotify Version: 3.8.0.800 - PREMIUM account

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

OK I have found the reason for the problem in my case: it isn't Spotify's fault.

I noticed that I was unable to save images to the SD Card either. Further SD Card analysis showed it had gone into Read-Only mode due to corruption. I believe this to be a genuine SanDisk 64GB card, so I'm annoyed it's failed after only a year in use.

In any case, not a Spotify issue. And now I have a new 128Gb SD Card on its way....

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

OK I have found the reason for the problem in my case: it isn't Spotify's fault.

I noticed that I was unable to save images to the SD Card either. Further SD Card analysis showed it had gone into Read-Only mode due to corruption. I believe this to be a genuine SanDisk 64GB card, so I'm annoyed it's failed after only a year in use.

In any case, not a Spotify issue. And now I have a new 128Gb SD Card on its way....

I have the exact same setup (phone brand/model and sdcard). I did a simple test on the SDcard and found that I couldn't copy image files. It reads existing files fine but can't write new ones. It looks like my SDcard's gone too - annoyingly, less than a year since I got it as well.

I see many threads highlighting problems about having "no space left on device" and "playlist unsyncing" issues when things were all right before. Perhaps this is another area users and Spotify tech support guys could look into when coming across the same problems!

Thanks zootius for bringing it up!

Suggested posts