Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

On Spotify Connect, mobile version stays on one track

On Spotify Connect, mobile version stays on one track

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10+

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I'm listening on Spotify Connect, the PC switches to the next track and the queue keeps going. However, my mobile device stays on the previous track.

While stuck on the previous track on mobile, the progress bar does not reset and the timestamp to the left of the progress bar keeps going. 

Usually, when I tap on the device I'm listening to (in the attachment, it says "Surface - Connor") it usually fixes the problem, but I think it needs a closer look from the Spotify team so it doesn't get annoying. 

Screenshot_20210513-105038_Spotify.jpg
9 Replies

Hey there @CaptainSlydog

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall on your phone to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you try using a different network to check if that makes the difference?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

After doing a complete uninstall and reinstall, the problem still persists. I am not able to use a different network on either device.

Hey @CaptainSlydog,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

In that case it's possible that there are malfunctioning Spotify app files on some of the other devices you're using. We recommend you log out everywhere and run a clean reinstall on all your devices, this involves deleting the cache files of the app and will force an account wide resynchronization of your info. You can have a look at this guide for the steps relevant to each device.

Also, since using a different network is not an option, we recommend resetting your router and making sure Spotify is allowed through the Firewall settings on your devices.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Still won't work! When I did a complete uninstall on both my devices, I still see the problem when I manually switch the song. Here is an attached image as proof:

Screenshot_20210528-151108_Spotify.jpg

Hey @CaptainSlydog,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you let us know the exact Spotify version your running on your phone? Also, could you ask a friend or family member to log in to their account on your devices and see if the issue come up there as well? 

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm running version 8.6.30.889 on my phone. Still waiting on a family member to test out the issue to make sure it's not only me who has the issue.

I share the same issue, song won't change and the time will keep going long after the previous song ended. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S10, app version 8.6.30.889 as well. But it has been occurring for a while before that.

I can fix it temporarily by messing around with Connect and closing the app, but it always comes back.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts in this thread.

Can you let us know if this only happens while you're using connect?

We have a related ongoing issue - [Android] Now playing bar not updating. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

It happens mainly when using Connect, but sometimes I notice that when a playlist, album, or queue finishes playing the progress bar will keep going also.

Suggested posts