Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Only play in shuffle mode with android tablet

Only play in shuffle mode with android tablet

Hello,

as I wrote in Subject I've tried to install Spotify on my android tablet (model mid-A13 with 4.0.4 version) but I can only play in shuffle mode... on  Spotify website is written that I could play the songs I like, maybe I've made something wrong...

Thanks

Francesco

10 Replies

Welcome! As a free subscriber, you can listen to any song you want with ads on the desktop app, but on mobile you can only listen using shuffle play. With premium, you can listen to any song you want on any device with no ads.

Edit- Just read that you can listen to any song on tablet, sorry about that.

Sorry but on Spotify website I've found this:

What’s the difference between Spotify Free on my phone and on my tablet?

On mobile, you can listen to artists, albums, and playlists in Shuffle mode. On your tablet, you can play any song you want, any time you like. More information about Spotify free on your phone here.

Apparently if your screen is under 7" it won't recognise it as a tablet, how big is your screen?

But it seems Spotify sees my tablet like a normal smartphone... and I can't solve the problem...

Yes, it is 7"

Since you have a 7" tablet, I'd go ahead and email the Spotify support staff for this, they should be able to get is sorted out for you. A lot of other people have been having trouble with these.

If you get an automated email back, reply to it so customer service can get back to you.

Unfortunately it appears to come down to the screen, Kindle Fires 7" don't get recognised as tablets in Spotify for the same reason and no one has been able to find a fix I'm afraid.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am having the same problem.  I have 2 android tablets - an 8 (Samsung Tab 3) inch and a 10 inch (Acer Iconia A501) and they both have the same problem.

I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

i have the same issue,

i use a alcatel OT pixi 7 (android 4.4.2)  and i want to play the songs i choose, but not able to do that and it´s just annoying.

Some please help us

Suggested posts