Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Opening Spotify defaults to Home screen

Opening Spotify defaults to Home screen

I have Spotify on my S6 Edge and an Android stereo in my vehicle. Opening Spotify on both up until recently would go right to my playlists. Now it goes to the home screen showing 'recently played' and 'just for you'. Why is this happening? I just want it to go to my playlists but can't see a way to make it default to that.

Thanks

5 Replies

Would be even better if the app would let us set a default page.

Still like to see this changed. I want to go to my Playlists, not 'Just for You'.

I honnestly find that view very confusing. I'm probably the only one, but i often mistake a "recently added" for one my playlists (named the same). This is really frustrating and deceptive, and i like the idea of setting a personal home page (whatever the homepage). I personaly would like to default to "playlists", like OP, as it is the page i'm the most on.

I use Spotify on my phone all the time in places with poor signal. So when I open spotify I get the Home screen with a spinning wheel followed by You're offline message. Then I've got to tap menu>Your Library>Playlists.

Every time.

While using spotify it is always on playlists or search. I'd love to be able to set playlists as home and have it show up on the main menu instead of being buried in Your Library.

Yes I agree completely, for premium users especially. I should be able to have spotify open up to full screen now playing, or my albums sorted by whatever if I so choose. It's a safety issue! If I'm driving and just want to push play I shouldn't have to navigate anything. Maybe there are other ways (phone in driving mode, auto play on bt connect) but christ it should be as simple as user defined start screen, just like Beyond Pod

Suggested posts