Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Package Access Helper has stopped working.

Solved!

Package Access Helper has stopped working.

Spotify had glitched out and crashed and wouldn't open. After uninstalling due to the app not opening it would not install and proceeds with either "Package Access Helper has stopped working." or entirely just rebooting. I have done a full device wipe cleared the caches of all apps and still nothing seems to allow me to install Spotify. Device is Blu Life One X2 mini running android 6.0.1 Need help resolving this issue soon or I will be forced to switch to a different app/service.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I solved this issue with my phone, which is the same as yours. Directly download the APK from Spotify and install it. You'll need to adjust your security settings to allow this.  http:/download.spotify.com/android/SpotifyAndroid.apk

View solution in original post

13 Replies

I believe that error occurs when one or more android system files become corrupt and can only be fixed by reflashing the factory image. You'll probably get the same error when installing other apps from Play. If your phone is under warranty, contact the manufacturer/service provider.

I thought the same thing though sadly there are very few resources available in flashing this particular device. You would think more apps would be dependant on this though sadly all the other apps I use with the exception of Yahoo Finance all work perfectly fine regardless of the potential system corruption. Would anyone know of any resources regarding flashing the phones?

Same phone, same problem. Factory reset and cache flush didn't help. Here's the distasteful workaround that fixed it. I downloaded an old version of Spotify (8.4.22.857-arm) from  apkmirror (do this at your own risk-- may not be a safe file). Other versions would probably work as well-- I didn't try any build within the last few weeks. Works again, though I'm now resigned to never having a newer version of Spotify.

I came across this article. It could be that isuues with Blu phones go much deeper. If I had one, I'd probably be flashing an alternative ROM.

I would totally go about doing that though in recovery mode the device will not mount + I do not currently have an additional SD card nor can you launch the bootloader or TWRP. It would seem if there was such malicious software that it does infact have the highest administrative controls and uses that to protect its place on this device or the device in the specific area is a terrible design and it is intended to but much like the apple device and locks everyone out.

If however downgrading to an older version of spotify does infact work then this would suggest that while the device plays a role spotify is equally at fault here. I have installed Apple Music luckily with a free 3 month subscription and it works flawless no lag or glitches. I am inclined to believe that I can blame spotify and cancelling my spotify subscription is the most ideal solution to this problem.

@truekruse wrote:
"...If however downgrading to an older version of spotify does infact work then this would suggest that while the device plays a role spotify is equally at fault here."

Downgrading the app to an older version (a build from ~Sept) does indeed work, but the app will keep trying to update, which will fail. Spotify is still usable, just annoying now. Since other phones don't seem to be having the issue, it's a combination of the Blu X2 mini and whatever update Spotify made to the app. I'm not hopeful it will be fixed, or even know who is responsible for fixing it. However, I don't think the phone itself is experiencing a hardware failure, since both of our phones have the issue and it happened at the same time. That and all other apps are fine for me.

I would agree with that I mean from my perspective with Blu as a growing brand and Spotify relying on user subscriptions to generate revenues you would think that making sure to tap every share of the available market they can would be ideal. Personally there are not enough reason to simply wait on Spotify since many other services for the same / similar pricing are available and so I have already shifted to alternatives. For those BLU users for Life One X2 / Mini is that the BLOX2 sites do provide an array of resources for rooting and optimizing your device which seem to work like 90% of the time. If you get bored and what to see what more you can do with your phone check them out, you may stumble across a solution to this issue.

Same problem with Wiko Ufeel Prime. 

All I can recommend is to review your alternatives, at this point not response from Spotify or for myself my phone manufacturer. I would assume you're going to be in a similar situation and well no sense in wasting 10$ on a service that you cannot use in most the situations you have it for.

I have the same problem, with the same Blu phone: Life One X2 Mini. I may be forced to cancel my Spotify subscription if Spotify does not resolve this issue.

Marked as solution

I solved this issue with my phone, which is the same as yours. Directly download the APK from Spotify and install it. You'll need to adjust your security settings to allow this.  http:/download.spotify.com/android/SpotifyAndroid.apk

I have same issue with BLU Life One X2 Mini.

Somehow I could manage to install the latest app from the store but it crashes while loading.

These steps did not make app working but you can give a try.

• Go to Settings >> Apps
  • Click on Options at the top right and select 'Show System'
  • Now scroll for 'Package Access Helper' and 'Package Installer'
  • Click on storage
  • Clear Data
  • Clear Cache

If these steps dont work,

• select 'Reset app preferences' from settings menu of 'Apps' settings.

I think the issue is with BLU phone itself as I have started noticing some other issues with earphone-microphone and camera.

I doubt resetting the phone will fix the issue since I will be downloading all the apps I am using now.

@BustedBlu

Thanks!. Downloaded apk from direct link , its working now.

I did not know Spotify has apk download link on site, it was not shown in search results.

Suggested posts