Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Pause button on Bluetooth headphones/earbuds doesn't work properly (ongoing bug for years)

Pause button on Bluetooth headphones/earbuds doesn't work properly (ongoing bug for years)

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

Any Android device

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

This has been an issue for years and nothing has been done to fix it. I have had multiple devices in the meantime and have tried any troubleshooting and nothing works. I have contacted Spotify multiple times and no one seems to listen. It is extremely infuriating and ruining my Spotify experience and I wish someone would actually listen and do something to fix this bug. I only experience this bug with Spotify by the way, it all works fine on other apps.

So the bug is that about 80% of the time when listening to music, the pause button on my earbuds/headphones or whatever Bluetooth device I use does not work and does not pause the music. This creates awkward situations in public when I quickly want to pause music to talk to someone or listen to a public announcement but I can't because the button doesn't work and I need to grab my phone from my pocket to pause it. This is not normal, extremely annoying and has been an issue for years now and only on Spotify. It is thus a developing issue with Spotify and I would love for the technical support team at Spotify to fix it in the coding of the app.

0 Replies

Suggested posts