Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Playback control doesn't show up on notification bar

Solved!

Playback control doesn't show up on notification bar

1. hi!

my phone is xiaomi mi 11 lite. i cant use playback contol. I'm using spotify version 8.6.88.1104 on Xiaomi mi 11 lite with Android 11. Since the last few month ( I guess), the spotify icon in the notification area/bar (normally allowing playback controls and going straight to the app while using other apps) has disappeared. I've tried all steps in the troubleshoot guide twice but it haven't resolved the problem. It's really getting quite annoying not to be able to access/control spotify while using other apps..

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

i don't know how to say this but i think i have found the solution. on my phone mi 11 lite, this is the problem. when i choose don't show lock screen notification it affects spotify notification in my notification bar (playback) when it's unlocked. thanks a lot for the answers, I appreciate. it solved:)

IMG_20211231_082445.jpg

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hi @surtimarais,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

To start looking into this, we'd like to make sure if this started happening after a certain event such as an update.

In the meantime, please go to your phone's Settings > Apps > Spotify > Other permissions > toggle on "Display pop-up windows while running in the background" 

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I try to toggle on display pop up permission, play some track, but nothing
happens. then I turn on all toggle, open Spotify play some track again but
it still not working.

Hey there @surtimarais,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

We're sorry the issue still persists. You mentioned that you've followed some troubleshooting steps already, but we're not sure which guide you have followed. It's worthwhile to perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app, as explained in the linked thread. This is more thorough reinstallation than the normal one and ensures that no cached data will cause interference with the new installation of your app. See if this would shake things up.

You could also check if something hasn't changed regarding your device's Launcher app settings and or if the device has any pending firmware updates. If there are updates, please run them and see if this would make any difference.

Let us know how things work out, we'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

Kiril Moderator
Marked as solution

i don't know how to say this but i think i have found the solution. on my phone mi 11 lite, this is the problem. when i choose don't show lock screen notification it affects spotify notification in my notification bar (playback) when it's unlocked. thanks a lot for the answers, I appreciate. it solved:)

IMG_20211231_082445.jpg

Hey there @surtimarais,

Thanks for letting us know that everything is working fine for you now 🙂

Remember to always keep your app updated, so you don't miss any fixes or new features. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

Have a happy new year and stay safe!

Kiril Moderator

I found how to solve it.

Go to settings > notifications and control center > lock screen > format > show notifications but hide content

Done!

Hey folks!

We can see that this thread has been getting a lot of views lately. The solutions and steps provided here can usually help.

However, in march 2024, we have a trend about this here. Feel free to have a look there, should the issue persist.

Cheers!

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Thank you buddy! Solved it for me too on my Xiaomi 11T on Android 11 MIUI 12.5.3 Global. 

Suggested posts