Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Playlist created on desktop not working properly on phone

Playlist created on desktop not working properly on phone

I have created and populated a playlist on the Windows desktop app. I installed the mobile app on my Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo, and I could see the playlist and the songs there. However, aboult half the songs are greyed out and don't play, it simply skips to the next one. When adding the same songs from the mobile app to the same playlist they play fine. I can play all songs from the desktop app.

I just got started with spotify premium, it has never worked before. The playlist is large and it would be easier for me to create playlists on the laptop and play them from my phone.

6 Replies

Are the greyed-out songs local files you imported into the desktop client? If so, you need to download them to your mobile as described here.

Thanks, I have not imported any files, I simply searched for them and added to my playlist.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I didn't know that these were local files - the playlist is downloading now as per your instructions.

Download completed, but it can still only play the same songs as before...

Hi everyone, I have found the solution here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Songs-greyed-out-on-mobile-but-not-on-laptop/td-p/1631071

Going into my wifi settings, changing the wifi network to Private solved the issue and all songs started downloading on my phone.

some songs were still skipped, but it's an improvement..

Suggested posts