Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Please restore Recently Played to its previous functionality

Please restore Recently Played to its previous functionality

My Question or Issue

Hello, 

I may not be posting this in the correct forum. But please restore Recently Played to its previous functionality. Having it on the Home screen is not the same, not just because it looks different, but because it actually gives less information. I remember the previous Recently Played, that was located in the Library section. It provided a far deeper list of songs I had listened to, and even had the option of hiding songs so I could have even older music brought up. The new Recently Played section is very minimal compared to what it was just a few months ago. The old Recently Played was key to my Spotify experience. I bounced between songs a lot, and now I'm afraid that if I don't immediately save something to a playlist, I will forget to revisit it, because the new Recently Played is so unforgiving. 

I was reminded of this loss of functionality because I just logged into my Tinder and refreshed my Spotify songs. Before I did, I noticed some tracks that I hadn't heard in a bit, although it hadn't even been very long. They were not in my Recently Played list, it had been too long (about 3 days). I was happy to revisit them, and then I realized that Tinder is giving me a better Recently Played feature than Spotify is.

I remember the last 12 things I listened to, I don't need an app for that. But the last 36+ things I listened to? That would be nice. Please restore this functionality. 

I participated in a thread not too long ago asking for a similar thing, and it was shut down because there is still a Recently Played list. I'm not asking to bring back Recently Played, I realize it's still there. I'm asking to restore it to its previous glory. 

0 Replies

Suggested posts