Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Podcasts not updating

Podcasts not updating

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Operating System

My Question or Issue

My Podcasts haven't updated in a few days on my Android app. They are however updating on desktop and on PS4. This happened about a week a go, and after a few days they started updating but then they stopped again. I've tried logging out and back in, clearing the cache and restarting my phone and the app. I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling as I'd rather not re-download all my music if I can help it, especially if it's just going to stop updating again.

6 Replies

Hey there @ganymede9,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

You mention that podcasts do not update on your Android device only. Just to clarify, do you mean podcasts you've made available for offline use won’t download?

If so, we'd first recommend checking that:

• Your device isn’t in sleep mode.
  • Make sure there’s enough free space on the device’s memory (we recommend at least 1GB).
  • Your device must have an active internet connection.
  • You can only download music and podcasts to a maximum of 5 separate devices. 
  • You can only download a maximum of 10,000 songs per device. If you get an error message that says you’ve reached this limit, try removing some existing downloads.
  • You need an active Premium subscription. Find out how to check your subscription status.
  • Make sure your account has been online at least once within the last 30 days. 

If none of these help, we'd recommend making sure that there isn't an issue with the cached information of the app on your device. In that case, we'd suggest removing all your active offline devices, then reinstalling the app before downloading the tracks and podcasts again. You can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer to do this. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Sorry, what I meant was that new episodes aren't showing up. So episodes that have been released within the last few days are there on my other devices, but not on my Android phone.

I'm still having this issue. I tried reinstalling the app a couple of times, and it works a few days and then they stop updating again. It updates on teh desktop app, and if I search for the episode name on Android I can find it, but if I look at the podcast page it isn't showing the last few episodes. Does anyone have a solution?

I’m also experiencing the same issues on an iPhone 

Same for me. I guess I'll keep using Downcast.

same for me

Suggested posts