Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Premium + Z3 dual = impossible to download playlist

Solved!

Premium + Z3 dual = impossible to download playlist

I have sony z3 dual.

I go to setting>sync phone and choose to enable it.

If I switch available offline in playlist they told me enable internet connection.

I have internet connection on and it's also possible to stream playlist. 

What do you think?

Thx in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

At the end the problem was the dual sim.
Is very strange but this is what happen:
sim1 data and sim 2 voice the streaming is ok but is impossible to download playlist
Sim1 voice and sim 2 data everything goes well

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

If you're sure you're connected the right way to Spotify..

Have you already to tried to logout and login afterwards? Sometimes something simple as this already fixes the problem.

Otherwise, you may try to reinstall Spotify to see if that solves the problem.

To reinstall Spotify on Android, please follow all the steps correctly as given in this topic.

Hi many thx for your help.
Unfortunately I just try to uninstall and reinstall the program but nothing.
Probably could be something related with dual sim...

Is the "Available Offline" switch on for that playlist? Have you tried downloading any other playlist then going offline?

Tell me how it goes.

Marked as solution

At the end the problem was the dual sim.
Is very strange but this is what happen:
sim1 data and sim 2 voice the streaming is ok but is impossible to download playlist
Sim1 voice and sim 2 data everything goes well

Hi,

2 years later, I have the exact same problem : I have a Moto X Play Dual Sim, and Spotify is telling me to enable cellular sync even though it is enabled. Following the "advice" of traveglia, enabling data on Sim 2, it now works. I have voice+data on both Sims.
Data in Sim 1 : Spotify gives me the wrong error and doesn't sync over cellular.
Data in Sim 2 : OK.

Spotify please fix this stupid bug. There are many many phones that are Dual SIM in the market. Even SAMSUNG has released Dual SIM phones. You are lagging behind with making your app compatible with all of them.

I encountered the same bug today: no download possible on cellular 4G when both SIM cards are installed in my Nokia 3 with dual SIM tray. Only removing one of the SIMs out of the second tray position did solve the problem and download started instantly as it was when testing with an iPhone 6s and a Samsung TabS with one SIM installed. I only can disapprove what's Spotify is doing here, leaving people with a dual SIM phones in the cold. Dual SIM users don't receive the service from Spotify where they are entitled to when they pay for the premium subscription, like I did. It's a pure disgrace.

Suggested posts